Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting blocking messages only in this forum that my phone has been hacked and leading me to the App Store.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I’m getting blocking messages only in this forum that my phone has been hacked and leading me to the App Store.
I would routinely get blocks and redirects to other sites only when using the forum. I installed the free Norton ad blocker app on my iPad and have had no issues since.

Reactions: Verde 3.0

·
Registered
270 Posts
Definitely. I even had people talking live through the app while open last week. Freaked my wife out. Sounded Mandarin.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,698 Posts
Definitely. I even had people talking live through the app while open last week. Freaked my wife out. Sounded Mandarin.
Which app?

·
Administrator
492 Posts
If you have a screen grab of these can you share it? It helps us to track this while we try to replicate it. FYI @Lalji works with us.
-Philip

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll grab it if I see it again, Philip.

Reactions: GiuliaAdmin

·
Registered
270 Posts
The site will work great on your browser and we promise not to talk to you and freak out your wife. :)
-Philip
I know the issue is with Tapatalk and not then forum itself (at least in my case).

It reminds me of when my daughters had walkie talkies when they were toddlers and sometimes would end up on the same channel as nearby oil workers who would drop f bombs and start yelling at them telling them to get the “f”’off their channel. Fortunately instead of being scared they thought it was hilarious.

Thanks

·
Administrator
492 Posts
Sometimes these come throu
I know the issue is with Tapatalk and not then forum itself (at least in my case).

It reminds me of when my daughters had walkie talkies when they were toddlers and sometimes would end up on the same channel as nearby oil workers who would drop f bombs and start yelling at them telling them to get the “f”’off their channel. Fortunately instead of being scared they thought it was hilarious.

Thanks
The right attitude to have for sure. HAHA!
-Philip

·
Administrator
492 Posts
I’ll grab it if I see it again, Philip.
These are sometimes rogue ads fed through our network. We would not permit these ever and sometimes they find a way to get let on here through an ad partner. The URL its trying to redirect you to and a screen grab is sometimes all we need to figure out who's hand gets slapped on the ad side. Sometimes it takes a bit more digging when the spam ad buyers are clever. Your reporting helps a bunch. Sometimes we have trouble replicating these right away since they will try to geo target with IPs and focus on one side of the coast or the middle of the US as an example.
-Philip

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The site will work great on your browser and we promise not to talk to you and freak out your wife. :)
-Philip
No signs of intrusions of the forums under Safari or Chrome. No incidents noted...though the text editor has been known to put “eh” on the end of my posts.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Getting a variety.

·
Administrator
492 Posts
No signs of intrusions of the forums under Safari or Chrome. No incidents noted...though the text editor has been known to put “eh” on the end of my posts.
That is usually from the operating system upgrade "Maple Syrup". Check your keyboard and spell check settings. If if forces you to spell color with a u you know that's it.
-Philip

1 - 20 of 42 Posts