Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I picked my car up from Hendrick in Concord yesterday evening. It had been at the dealer for a reflash for the jerky start/stop and stalling after refueling. The drive home was in stop and go traffic, and I will say the start/stop was much improved. However, I did not have a chance to push the car. This morning on the way in to work I noticed the car is not shifting the same as it was before. Specifically the car is not upshifting quickly coming off the throttle. This is most noticeable after the cars "kicks-down" to pass, when you lift off throttle it stays in the lower gear for 10-20 seconds before up-shifting one gear at a time. Previous to the update the car quickly returned to a higher gear when coming off the throttle. Any one else experience this issue?

Thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
The tranny lost its "learning" setting with the flash updates. Once you start driving it again it will soon learn how you like to drive and you will again see it shifting a little more aggresive. Also check if DNA wheel is at either D or N instead of A.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts
In my test drive I got this same behavior in D mode. I conclude that D is not for "driving around town". It was very well behaved in A mode.

My Subaru does not have a mode selector, but after holding the throttle to the floor for an extended period (yes, it is gutless) it too will insist on leaving the RPMs high for quite a while. A sudden large reduction in throttle (for example: having matched the speed of the traffic after merging onto the freeway) will cause a sudden loss of speed rather than a leveling out of speed. This behavior can be overridden by hitting the paddle on the right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts