Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stage 2 tune involves a new (chamberless) custom exhaust that apparently takes it to 700HP+ for €3,999. They will do a stage 1 tune on the stock car to a claimed 560HP and 720Nm.

Seems to be the most ambitious attempt to tune the QV out there. Interesting to see what the demand will be, and how the chassis will handle it. Would make a ridiculously car rabidly fast. Not saying this is a good or bad idea, just posting for interest.

http://www.pogea-racing.com/news-detail/412069/giulia-quadrifoglio-abgasanlage/0/

Google translate from the German:

"FINALLY! Monthly tests under the strictest conditions, heat absorption, test rig runs, up, down, up and down again ... All this, only to get the best sound and the best performance out of our system. The new hand-made stainless steel exhaust system "MONSTERexhaust" for the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is ready. Better than ever. We work with 2x 76mm connections with subsequent perforation process, completely dispense with chambers. Massively reduce exhaust gas pressure and exhaust gas temperature. This system makes it possible to operate over 700 hp without problems. And the sound? Many were afraid that we would deteriorate, or the characteristic is lost - no - definitely not. From Giulia a miracle weapon and this is now heard! Either super quiet, or right - really loud. We have utilized the entire legal spectrum of the vehicle and offer the system with TÜV. The system with stainless steel tailpipes starts at 3999.99 euros and with 4x carbon tailpipes for 4275.00 euros. In addition, we can take the option with DYNAMIC VALVES ALWAYS OPEN, where the dynamic doors are permanently open at Dynamic (surcharge with exhaust system 399 euros). Or with our Stage 1 Individual at 580HP and 720Nm. All further information on request, pre-orders will be accepted immediately."

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
MEH I don't listen to companies to talk about Crank HP. I want Real unaltered WHP numbers. I understand germany TUV standards are a bit different so what ever. I think they are probably a super solid company and their products are quality but they should really start talking about actual WHP numbers with lots of Dyno plots.

·
Registered
50 Posts
HP ability is interesting, but I'm really interested in how it sounds. It just looks like a glorified resonated straight pipe. Certainly not 4000Euro worth. Still though, can't wait to hear it because I'm looking at doing something similar with a custom exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What could anyone do with a 700HP QV that they couldn't do now?
Aside from blowing the motor that is.......>:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having 600hp street monster is the best balance in my opinion.. having and driving 500hp -800hp rides i have come to like the 600hp mark for a 3000lbs vehicle..

A Gulia with 600 ponies will be nice for sure.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
What could anyone do with a 700HP QV that they couldn't do now?
Aside from blowing the motor that is.......>:)
My guess is for the drag strip people and those guys who post vids on youtube and get them self arrested ;)

·
Vendor
619 Posts
We are seeing 550-600WHP can be made reliably on a completely stock system.

Reactions: lowlight and FNM

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
MEH I don't listen to companies to talk about Crank HP. I want Real unaltered WHP numbers. I understand germany TUV standards are a bit different so what ever. I think they are probably a super solid company and their products are quality but they should really start talking about actual WHP numbers with lots of Dyno plots.
True but when people talk about their stock Q, they speak about the claimed 500+ HP (which we all know is only at the crank) in all parking lot conversations lol .
They never speak about their Q saying "yeah man... the car has 450 hp at the wheels" They always go with the larger number :grin2:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Engine horsepower numbers from a chassis dyno are relatively meaningless. It has more to do with the conversion factor the tuner decides to use than it does with actual power. I wish I could say more about this, but I can't.

Greg

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
True but when people talk about their stock Q, they speak about the claimed 500+ HP (which we all know is only at the crank) in all parking lot conversations lol .
They never speak about their Q saying "yeah man... the car has 450 hp at the wheels" They always go with the larger number :grin2:
Usually on a stock car I agree. If a car is modified at all I always say the real WHP! haha.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It's also funny how people worship horsepower, as though that's the be-all end-all of performance. Horsepower only comes into play at speed when you're pushing against the wind. Unless you drive at higher speeds than are generally legal on the street, you're really not utilizing the horsepower that much. What people feel as power is actually torque. That's what gets you off the line and moving, and pushes you back in your seat as you accelerate. For street use, build and tune for low end torque if you want to feel that thrill of power.

Torque is what gets you moving; horsepower is what pushes you through wind resistance.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,723 Posts
It's also funny how people worship horsepower, as though that's the be-all end-all of performance. Horsepower only comes into play at speed when you're pushing against the wind. Unless you drive at higher speeds than are generally legal on the street, you're really not utilizing the horsepower that much. What people feel as power is actually torque. That's what gets you off the line and moving, and pushes you back in your seat as you accelerate. For street use, build and tune for low end torque if you want to feel that thrill of power.

Torque is what gets you moving; horsepower is what pushes you through wind resistance.
Although it is true that torque at the rear wheels is what gets you moving the intervening differential and transmission mean that what you want is power at the engine crank.

If you are after "instant go" (that is, more acceleration without downshifting) you want plenty of power at the cruising speed engine RPM, not a huge increase in torque at the redline as would be the tendency with a tuned turbocharged engine. My Norton Commando did this with ridiculously low gears. You can get this in your Giulia by selecting "fuel economy be damned" D mode; no mods required.

IIRC, there is not a lot of room to increase engine torque in Giulia without replacing the transmission with a stronger unit.

·
Registered
272 Posts

I agree totally. The HP game is overrated. Is it wheel or crank? my dyno run say this, yours says that. You can do three different dyno runs with the same car in different conditions or on different dynos and get very different results. HP figures are strictly for parking lot or car meet conversations. It really doesn't mean much unless you are at a drag strip. I don't have nearly the HP that the QV has but i have no problem scaring the crap outta the Camaro SS boys while waiting for the light to turn green while driving around town. >:)

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Also reread the original post. They are not claiming 700hp. They claim the exhaust setup is good for 700+hp

In fact, it looks like they said their tune only car is 560hp and with this exhaust it makes 580hp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts