Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with them?

They only insure cars in select states in the Northeast (America).

I can save about $635 a year if I switch to them on both my Alfa Giulia and VW Tiguan.

I personally have never heard of them.

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you mean Plymouth ROCK Assurance? I've heard of them, but not good things. Perhaps someone on here can comment, or Google for AM Best ratings?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - Plymouth Rock Assurance.

I spoke to quite a few people who use them currently or have in the past.

If you look at reviews even with the big companies (Allstate, State Farm, Geico, Progressive, etc.) they all have mixed reviews.

I decided to go with Plymouth Rock Assurance as I will able to save over $600 / year with them on my Alfa Romeo Giulia and Volkswagen Tiguan.

Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
As an ex-insurance person and having had a few rough hands dealt to me over time, I'd say, I err on the side of caution and pay more for insurance than less. I pay about $6.5K a year in car insurance. I can shop around and shave a bit, but I choose to take the hit for the ability to have a paper that's far more reliable than what goes in recycle. The comprehensive/collision part of the insurance is not my worry, it's the liability part that bothers me. If I'd the ability to keep $250K to $500K liquid, I'd not worry. Liability is where it is at. As far as liability is concerned, I've had rock solid experience with Geico, State Farm, & Liberty. The first two, I've been with them over a decade each.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
As an ex-insurance person and having had a few rough hands dealt to me over time, I'd say, I err on the side of caution and pay more for insurance than less. I pay about $6.5K a year in car insurance. I can shop around and shave a bit, but I choose to take the hit for the ability to have a paper that's far more reliable than what goes in recycle. The comprehensive/collision part of the insurance is not my worry, it's the liability part that bothers me. If I'd the ability to keep $250K to $500K liquid, I'd not worry. Liability is where it is at. As far as liability is concerned, I've had rock solid experience with Geico, State Farm, & Liberty. The first two, I've been with them over a decade each.
A $2M liability umbrella policy with State Farm runs me about $250/year. How much coverage are you talking about???

·
Registered
783 Posts
My auto policy runs $6.5K a year with teenagers with accident history and multiple autos in multiple states.

But an Umbrella is an umbrella. There's lots of legalese and fine print before Umbrellas kick in. And that's why they are that cheap.
A $2M liability umbrella policy with State Farm runs me about $250/year. How much coverage are you talking about???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts