Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there an option to install the ST tune on our own? And how if yes? Didn’t find any instructions on ST’s website or maybe I missed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Every ECU tune is installed on your own as you need to physically pull your ecu and send in or get a clone ecu. No one that i know of yet has a flash tune through the OBD2 port yet for the QV.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The QF does not support OBD tuning of the Bosch MED17.3.5 dual ECUs. Squadra Tuning at present will need physical access to the ECU. Previously both ECUs needs to be removed from the car but now they just need access to the ECU harness with minimal removal of things in the way.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Besides fabspeed, EC, and now squadra, is there an exhaustive list of all the flash tunes available?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone,

We offer a traditional ECU flash that makes approx. 64whp/94ft-lbs on a bone stock application. Check the link below for more info and please feel free to shoot me a PM to discuss further or for forum pricing!

View attachment 92292

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio ExperTune Performance Software
I am a VERY satisfied customer of Fabspeed’s. They performed an ecu upgrade on my 2017 QV and it was amazing. Loving every minute. Thank you, Fabspeed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Squadra is the best around, I have exclusively sold their products for 21 years for a reason. I cannot say enough good things about Stephan. As far as flash tunes, at this point ST is all we will offer. I know from the many years of tuning with them that their tunes are not the highest numbers you want to see but what he does is noted above, he makes the car more powerful "BUT to improve torque delivery (remove limitation) and driveability including switching off cylinder de-activation." This is exactly right. The most HP and TQ is not the answer both with the 2.0L and 2.9L if it is, it's not done well. ST has spent many years on the Qv and similar time on the 2.0L. They did not have a QV for awhile, that's one reason it has taken more time.

"All their tunes are dyno developed and quite thorough" This is correct. Very Very thorough. I am not sure many will go to the lengths they do and put as much thought/experience into it.
Many of your warranties will be up soon and in my opinion this is it. They are also the most transparent tuner I know. They will loose money compared to others who fluff numbers but they rather be ethical to their customers. On the 2.0L they know very little can be achieved tuning that motor just from Flashing and even less from piggybacks.

Many things are changed and unchanged with the tune.

• Unchanged rev limiter
  • Improved cold running properties
  • Cylinder shutdown turned off
  • Start / stop disabled
  • Torque increase in A position
  • Torque limitation in N and D removed
  • Throttle response in A, N, D and Race made much more dosable
  • Changed exhaust valves open / close strategy
We are working on a solution for both engines to make these flashes easier to obtain. Regardless I take care of the entire process for our customers and any sort of wait time will well be worth it.

ECU Tune- Squadra will be it.
Piggyback-? (take your pick they are all essentially similar and limited). Squadra is not enthusiastic about them, any of them and one reason why they do not offer anything of the sort.

Offering Forum Discounts on all tunes from Squadra. 2.0L (some fine tuning on this one still is needed), 2.9L and 4C.

Assuming the mid tune will be incorporated into the full tune once complete. Therefore, getting the mid tune now would mean sending in the ecu twice. Any idea of timing on the full tune?

·
Vendor
2,052 Posts
Not
Assuming the mid tune will be incorporated into the full tune once complete. Therefore, getting the mid tune now would mean sending in the ecu twice. Any idea of timing on the full tune?
Nothing yet, I think by Summer. They are close but running through it more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, New to Alfa and looking to buy a new QV. Previously an Audi guy. I've used a piggyback in the past on Audis with great success but no mention of these guys here.

CPA Chip Tuning has been my go to.. They claim huge numbers for QV, are they overstated?

Cheers,
K

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hi All, New to Alfa and looking to buy a new QV. Previously an Audi guy. I've used a piggyback in the past on Audis with great success but no mention of these guys here.

CPA Chip Tuning has been my go to.. They claim huge numbers for QV, are they overstated?

Cheers,
K
Most widely used piggyback tuners for a QV. JB4, madness or seletron.

ECU tuners-fabspeed, EC, idealrace and pogea if you have access.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anybody know the differences between the Madness Autoworks Max Pro piggy back engine control module and the TMC piggy back engine control module? On the outside the look very similar. The TMC has an iPhone interface and is $388 vs $599 For the Madness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm happy with madness autoworks max power pro. Easy install and nice gains !
Can you post a picture of your Max Power Pro installed? Just got mine in the mail and don't see a good place to mount it. Came with a bracket, but not sure where that mounts (instructions don't seem great on website, seems like they're for the 2.0). Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Ron.

Emailed you directly on this yesterday. I wasn't aware that we had the mounts back in stock - the last couple we installed here at the CA office, I think we just velcro'ed down near the back of the PS strut tower.

As I don't have a QV in front of me right this second to reference for install, I have to defer to memory. I think either of the two nuts I circled should be OK to sandwich the mount on - as in, should clear the hood and you should have enough cable slack to work with.

For reference, there's an MP Pro installed on this one, directly above the right circle, just below the rear reservoir tank.

Hope this helps. Call or email me with any questions!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts