Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thoughts on engines tunes for our qv's? rank them in order of performance, ease of install, power increases, price please.

there may be some subjectivity but I think we should begin to aggregate thoughts and real life experience so that those of us hoping to add a tune have some basis centrally located. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
And you could only get meaningful input if one person has installed them all. And even then there would still be a level of subjectivity.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How many actual tunes are there even out for the QV other than eurocompulsion? As far as piggybacks I would have to vote JB4 simply because once the range of maps is released it will be just the same as the other piggybacks but also have the ability to change maps easily on the fly and set your own maps if you desire.

17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Giulia
241 Posts
Seletron as well. Tunable boxes at a reasonable cost. +58hp (+ = more available when adjusted for more power) Don't let the numbers confuse things. Not one customer has been dissatisfied with the performance. TUV certified chipbox, 3 year/30day money back. Made in Italy.

Hope you are happy with whatever you choose. Good luck.

Is this a replacement ECU (set) or a piggyback unit? In other words, is the original ECU left unchanged for emissions inspection time? What are the fuel octane requirements for this setup? I could not find anything about this on the mfg website. It seems reasonably priced for the power increase. Thanks!

·
Vendor
2,052 Posts
-

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
This is a piggyback system. ECU left unchanged, does not effect it. You can either remove it during inspection or turn the units OFF and it will run in Factory mode. +58hp, adjustable by user for more power. I have them in stock. Thanks and hope that answers your questions?
Does it still have bypass plugs? Can just install bypass plugs and no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, Mason here. I've got a keen interest in cars and motorsport, working as a race technician and in the sales department of TDI-Tuning. Speaking from experience, we have tuned a lot of these vehicles in the UK and the United States! I have to say it really transforms the giulia quadrifoglio...feel free to check out his short clip of one we tuned ?

If anyone wants to have a chat about tuning boxes/remaps, don't hesitate to get in touch. Cheers.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia
241 Posts
The piggy back systems are very tempting, since they can be removed. BUT, how the heck do you get access to the ECM's? There seems almost zero clearance behind the engine...it looks like a real chore to add the harness, and of course it would have to be removed for any dealer visit or emissions inspection. I have not found any instruction for the QV for these systems, only a generic Audi or BMW.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The piggy back systems are very tempting, since they can be removed. BUT, how the heck do you get access to the ECM's? There seems almost zero clearance behind the engine...it looks like a real chore to add the harness, and of course it would have to be removed for any dealer visit or emissions inspection. I have not found any instruction for the QV for these systems, only a generic Audi or BMW.
They don't plug directly into the ECM. They basically have a couple of cables that get plugged in series with some sensors. Now that said, I'd still love to see a write up of how to get to the ECMs (in the QV) in case one were to buy a pair from a wrecked QV and have those flashed...

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts
Thanks. Do you happen to know which sensor, and how accessible they are?
There are instructions online for all of these tuning devices. just need to go to the site and search it out.

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts
If they don't have specifics than they don't sell a product for our cars... but the installs are going to be the same, some offer up more sensor management than others.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts