Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
Looking for some input to decide on purchasing Giulia. I have read a lot of posts on this forum where owners aren't happy or they are tired with the problems/issues with Alfa. Would it be possible to know how many of you have had issues with Giulia ? What was the issue? How many miles did you put on before the issues showed up? I would appreciate all the inputs. As much as my heart wants to go with Alfa, my mind says to go with Audi manual A4 and avoid all the issues with Alfa :(. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hi:
Looking for some input to decide on purchasing Giulia. I have read a lot of posts on this forum where owners aren't happy or they are tired with the problems/issues with Alfa. Would it be possible to know how many of you have had issues with Giulia ? What was the issue? How many miles did you put on before the issues showed up? I would appreciate all the inputs. As much as my heart wants to go with Alfa, my mind says to go with Audi manual A4 and avoid all the issues with Alfa :(. Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forum :)

I haven't had any issued yet, (knock wood). We've owned our Giulia Ti Q2 about five weeks and have about 600 miles on her.

She a great saloon. Quite, smooth, luxurious, and performance minded.

We special order her to get just what we wanted, and to avoid what we didn't want. I'm not new to the Alfa world. My father is an old Alfa guy from way back when. My first Alfa was the 4C, which I drive daily and have 27,000 miles on. Adding the Giulia sedan to our stable was an easy thing, money aside.

Keep in mind that this is an all new design and the first year of production. There will be issues, no matter who makes a first run car. If you're not willing to put-up with an occasional gremlin for a while, wait until the 2018's come out. Most of the bugs will (should) be worked out by then.

"As much as my heart wants to go with Alfa,..." Exactly. An Alfa Romeo is a car of passion and emotion. The flaws are part of her character and charm. Most cars are bought with the mind and logical justifications, and drive like an appliance. Owning an Alfa is more like a love affair, an obsession of sorts. It all about the driving experience.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
As the Motor Trend, Giulia vs The Rest article stated: "The compact luxury sedan is an irrational car." If this were about buying the most practical choice, you'd buy a Civic. The Audi did come in second, behind the Giulia. If you haven't read the article ( MT June 2017 ), you should; it's a good read. Still, all of these teething problems are certainly disconcerting. Me hopes that they are settled before my 2018 arrives!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey there!

I have owned my Giulia for about 3 months and have like 4000 miles on it. No single issue so far. This is the best car i have ever driven, smooth, fast and fun to drive. I have Veloce which is European Ti version ( almost ).

I have tested BMW 330i Xdrive, C Class Merc, Q50 and Giulia for sure she was the best handling car.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you want a Giulia I would suggest you read more of the posts where forum members love their Giulia and are having minor issues which get fixed or no issues at all, rather than asking for a list of all the problems. It's been said before but there are no manufacturers who produce only issue free cars. There are no dealer networks that are 100% excellent. You will definitely hear on the forum from the people who have problems, you won't hear as much from the people who's experience is trouble free.
Most of the problems are software related and fixed in patches applied to the 2017's. If the 2018's introduce new functionality who's to say they won't have new code issues or other problems that haven't been seen before. Maybe the 2019's will be better and so it goes.
If you really want an Audi that's great, they are nice cars but they definitely don't offer what the Giulia does at least for the people on this forum.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Need to be more specific as to which model you're interested in.

I have a Q with about 1700 miles and have one small rattle around the instrument pod in certain, hard to replicate, conditions. Other than that, zero problems.
It is a stunning car, and like I post every time, always puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

I've been driving Audi A4's for the past 15 years and have no regrets. Also, the new A4's are too generic.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a Giulia Ti with 19" sports package...got in in feb and have 1700 miles on it. It has been trouble free and I love it more and more every time I get behind the wheel. As someone else stated, buying an Alfa is an emotional decision. This is my second Alfa. The first a 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider - which I have been using a trouble free daily driver the last few years after my Saab 9-3 finally died. I used the Spider daily because there was nothing else out there I wanted until I saw those Giulia commercials during the Superbowl. I knew then, that is what I wanted. And it's been a great decision!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. I truly appreciate it. I am going to test drive both the cars once again ( Giulia and Audi) and then go from there... once again thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts