Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find any info in the owner's manual about playing mp3s from an SD card. I plugged a small memory card reader into the USB slot in the center console and plugged my SD card into that. Works like a charm. Display shows sound info and album art and titles can be searched, etc.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
still am trying to figure out the infotainment situation here granted I'm technologically challenged...
if I understand you....I can download music from my computer to a flash drive...plug it into the USB port and play the music that is on it?
if that is the case can I store it in the car as well???
Thanks
M

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still am trying to figure out the infotainment situation here granted I'm technologically challenged...
if I understand you....I can download music from my computer to a flash drive...plug it into the USB port and play the music that is on it?
if that is the case can I store it in the car as well???
Thanks
M
I used an SD memory card and a card reader (plugs into USB). I assume you could also use a USB flash drive plugged into the USB port (without card reader). I keep mine plugged in all the time in the center console.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a HFS+ formatted hard drive plugged in my arm rest. I know it also works with NTFS format as well. There does seem to be a maximum number of songs it will read (15965), or maybe there's something preventing it from reading the 65000+ I originally tried.
I haven't tried maxing any playlists yet, but I'm assuming it'll read standard .m3u lists. most of my stuff is mp3 and either vbr (v0) or 320kbps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A simple NTFS formatted flash or hard drive will be read perfectly fine by the Giulia. I tied a 500gb HDD (actual spinning 2.5" hard drive) and a 128gb USB stick. Both worked fine, but the USB flash drive was significantly faster on initial plug in. USB SD card adaptor will work the same.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A simple NTFS formatted flash or hard drive will be read perfectly fine by the Giulia. I tied a 500gb HDD (actual spinning 2.5" hard drive) and a 128gb USB stick. Both worked fine, but the USB flash drive was significantly faster on initial plug in. USB SD card adaptor will work the same.
FAT32 format works also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Long File playback (from USB)

I like to listen to long radio recordings in the car. Would anyone be able to test and see if the playback resumes where it left off in the middle of a track? Thanks very much!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like to listen to long radio recordings in the car. Would anyone be able to test and see if the playback resumes where it left off in the middle of a track? Thanks very much!
Yes...I tested a 64 gb thumb drive..songs resume where they left off... voice commands work just fine in terms of calling up a song/album/artist.. Only issue I have seen is built-up heat inside the middle storage compartment...so I am using the front usb connector in front of the cup holders..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes...I tested a 64 gb thumb drive..songs resume where they left off... voice commands work just fine in terms of calling up a song/album/artist.. Only issue I have seen is built-up heat inside the middle storage compartment...so I am using the front usb connector in front of the cup holders..
Regarding the high-heat comment, are you using a SanDisk thumb drive by any chance? I started with a SanDisk drive (which was getting worryingly hot), and switched to a Samsung drive (which runs much cooler).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks!! Believe it or not, this really factors into my decision! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts