Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am planning to order a 2018 Guilia TI but I have heard they are not reliable. If you have a Guilia, do you like it? Do you think it is reliable? Would you recommend one?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Hi Joe,

Welcome! There's a few threads on the forum where the same questions have been asked / polls generated etc. Long as the short is though to me, it's like any other manufacturer in that you may get a lemon if you're unlucky but I'd say there's far more people (including myself) whose have a flawless experience with theirs.

Where it does differ from other manufactures though is the drive, the looks and the fun... if you haven't already, test drive one.. that's what sold me over numerous prestige cars.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Joe,

Welcome! There's a few threads on the forum where the same questions have been asked / polls generated etc. Long as the short is though to me, it's like any other manufacturer in that you may get a lemon if you're unlucky but I'd say there's far more people (including myself) whose have a flawless experience with theirs.

Where it does differ from other manufactures though is the drive, the looks and the fun... if you haven't already, test drive one.. that's what sold me over numerous prestige cars.

Good luck!
I did drive it and it was fantastic. I found out today that there no Guilia's for sale in the US that match what I want so I half to order one. So, I would be getting a 2018. Perhaps this is a good thing cause hopefully the bugs and quirks will be fixed.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
good man, glad you enjoyed :) it'll add to the excitement too in ordering exactly what you want :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Mine has not arrived yet but I can say 2 things. One, the old reputation of Alfas being unreliable was due to old technology that plagued many cars, like Lucas Electrics on the British cars, and Mechanical fuel injection on the BMW 2000tii. Two, the Giulia is a new design from the ground up after a 20 year hiatus in the US. What you see now are growing pains and mostly software related, not significant failure trends worthy of a recall. Since they have been in production for almost 2 solid years or more now, I would get informed and start your hunt. The new Giorgio chassis is also the basis of the Stelvio (obviously) but it will lead to new things was well. Again, it's NEW and not OLD PROOVEN BAD. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hands down the best driving car I have ever owned. That being said mine has been in the shop for a total of 16 days in 60, for software issues. My car is a March build date, my understanding is the later cars have considerably fewer issues.
In retrospect, I wish I had waited till the MY 18's hit dealers.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2, Vesuvio/Red, Perf Pkg, CF all over.
155 Posts
My 2018 Giulia Ti Sport has had 1 minor problem in 2 years that was fixed the same day in 45 minutes. Highly reliable from my experience. I am a fanatic and this car is put together with very high quality. You can look at so many of the details, inside and out that are a definite tell as to the expert design and quality of construction. 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts