Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little pissed this morning i wrote the dealer last week and he told my QV would be 3-4 weeks out (june 1st) . i have the VON on my car so i decided to call AR using number at bottom of web page. According to them the car has not even be given a Vin number yet. does this mean car is not built? who should i believe? the order was placed in feb. by dealer just happened to be exact car i was looking for.:crying:

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Hope you don't through the same guff many have with the ordering (thankfully I didn't). Think the consensus from what i've read is that the dealers know less than AR but any could be different.

Hope you get her soon!

·
Registered
440 Posts
EDIT: So ordered in Feb and no VIN?

Yeah, something isn't right.

If it is not in production now it will probably end up being a 2018 and chances are you won't get it until Oct/Nov at the earliest.

I'd call AR Customer Care back and ask what else they can tell you about your order.

However, if you were hoping to purchase a dealer ordered car (and not customer ordered) the allocation may still be in the works.

From what I was able to learn over the past 2 months is, customer orders "should" be moved ahead of any dealer orders.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My Giulia QV order was place for me by the dealer in March - I picked up the car yesterday.
The dealer has several QVs that they ordered before mine (in February I believe) that were not delivered yet.

My sales rep stated he believes "customer" orders were put ahead of standard dealer orders.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i went in to order my car in early may thats when they told me no more 2017 and if a i ordered a car it would be feb march of next year. then se said well we have 5 on order and showed me the von number. and it was exactly what i wanted to order . so i gave him him a deposit and he told me 6-8 weeks. so i expected a july delivery. i decided to call AR after reading forum and going to AR website to call customer care. thats when i got news

·
Registered
440 Posts
so i gave him him a deposit and he told me 6-8 weeks. so i expected a july delivery.
I would ask AR Customer Care if the VON you have shows it as a customer order or dealer order.

Yes, you may have a deposit on it but I believe the dealership must change the order to a customer order.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would ask AR Customer Care if the VON you have shows it as a customer order or dealer order.

Yes, you may have a deposit on it but I believe the dealership must change the order to a customer order.
That's what my dealer apparently did. I even requested a couple of minor changes (stitching color) but that couldn't be done.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i was looking over the build sheet they gave me at the bottom i found some interesting things a 5RB-april production 5N9 Guaranteed schedules
easy order 5N6 and sales tracking 4 EX . does this help my case at all? i hope so. ( or are these on all the build sheets). sorry I'm so impatient. i been wanting this car since i first saw it .finally buying myself a toy after a long time.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Little pissed this morning i wrote the dealer last week and he told my QV would be 3-4 weeks out (june 1st) . i have the VON on my car so i decided to call AR using number at bottom of web page. According to them the car has not even be given a Vin number yet. does this mean car is not built? who should i believe? the order was placed in feb. by dealer just happened to be exact car i was looking for.:crying:
This is Alfa Romeo we're talking about. Their motto is: "Hurry up and wait"

You should have had a VIN by now. We ordered our Ti in January, had a VIN in about three weeks and just picked up our car. I think the Quads take long though.

The problem here is that AR / FCA won't tell your dealer anything. The dealers are left quessing at what to tell us, the consumer.

You can try calling FCA and see where it goes. Perhaps they can give you better source to go to.
1-844-253-2872

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Just Sayin..

I believe we have already established that when "ordering" a Quad to your specs from a dealer it is basically a roll of the dice that an allocation has already been given and a car is already in the process of being built and it happens to match your specs..otherwise it is difficult to explain why some people have received their Quads already when others who have ordered before have not....

I have not heard of one case where a car was ordered to spec and from start to finish was received 4 to 6 weeks there after...if someone has had that good fortune let us know...
This is something Alfa MUST work on if they plan to crack the glass ceiling that the Germans have on sales here...
case in point...I ordered my MY2015 F80 M3...very specifically...a "stripper" if you will : manual, Clothe/Antracite Leather seats, CF roof, M-Adaptive suspension, SSII paint, 19inch rims...very specific..nothing like what a dealer would bring in...ordered it on July 5th 2014....car arrived at dealer mid-September 2014, picked up the end of Sept as I was away....very very quick indeed...and it was a first run so allocations were tight

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ordered my Quad in mid February and picked it up on May 11, if that helps. When I placed the order I was told that it would June/July delivery. However, I think my car was already in progress and got moved up when ordered. I requested very few options. By the way 1K miles already and trouble free.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I have noticed with AR you get what you get. They are constantly taking first year options and for the second year making them "standard" options. I have even heard of people ordering a car and getting a different exterior color. I love AR but I personally just get what I can from them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe we have already established that when "ordering" a Quad to your specs from a dealer it is basically a roll of the dice that an allocation has already been given and a car is already in the process of being built and it happens to match your specs..otherwise it is difficult to explain why some people have received their Quads already when others who have ordered before have not....

I have not heard of one case where a car was ordered to spec and from start to finish was received 4 to 6 weeks there after...if someone has had that good fortune let us know...
This is something Alfa MUST work on if they plan to crack the glass ceiling that the Germans have on sales here...
case in point...I ordered my MY2015 F80 M3...very specifically...a "stripper" if you will : manual, Clothe/Antracite Leather seats, CF roof, M-Adaptive suspension, SSII paint, 19inch rims...very specific..nothing like what a dealer would bring in...ordered it on July 5th 2014....car arrived at dealer mid-September 2014, picked up the end of Sept as I was away....very very quick indeed...and it was a first run so allocations were tight
One of the other member - Bizzyc seems to have this luck... Not quite sure what was ordered exactly as they didn't give much details other than the fact that it was exactly 4 weeks from the order date built and ready to be shipped, which was for them 06/06. Not sure how long boat rides are but it might just hit the 6 week mark? :surprise:

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
One of the other member - Bizzyc seems to have this luck... Not quite sure what was ordered exactly as they didn't give much details other than the fact that it was exactly 4 weeks from the order date built and ready to be shipped, which was for them 06/06. Not sure how long boat rides are but it might just hit the 6 week mark? :surprise:
Alfa IIRC comes into Baltimore & Texas ports...also California gonna guess Long Beach???
unlike BMW that arrives in Port Elizabeth NJ

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

That's basically my thinking as well. If AR can find a car that matches the order, and is not spoken for, the client gets their new car that much sooner. Otherwise, we're talking four months on a base/Ti (including the boat ride across the pond). I'm unsure about the timing on a Quad though, I've heard six months but can't validate that.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Neither can I and it's kinda important for my financing and order date ;)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I have noticed with AR you get what you get. They are constantly taking first year options and for the second year making them "standard" options. I have even heard of people ordering a car and getting a different exterior color. I love AR but I personally just get what I can from them.
I know a guy (outside the forums) that special ordered a Quad. The car arrived with the wrong color door panels. We share the same dealer and the panels have been replaced.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,739 Posts
I know a guy (outside the forums) that special ordered a Quad. The car arrived with the wrong color door panels. We share the same dealer and the panels have been replaced.
Please tell us they don't rattle. I get nervous when dealers undo/redo work done lovingly at the factory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered...

Ti with Sport and Performance
Rosso Comp with Tan/Black sport seats and leather trim package

I actually forgot to order the staggered wheels and went back after two weeks to make the change and the car was already in D1.

My guess is that AR had a car in queue that matched my order. However, it still could take three months to make it from Italy to Atlanta, GA, but I'm in no hurry.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.