Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are these tires? I have seen conflicting opinions. It seems the performance is adequate for semi-spirited driving but anything past that recommended to go summer tires. I don't think I will exceed performance capabilities of these

I have seen negative reviews on tire rack though, people hit even a small pothole and have to replace the tire. Are they really that bad? I looked at the Pirelli manufacture document and they come with a road hazard warranty though.

https://www.pirelli.com/asset/index.php?idelement=94425 - bottom of page 3 and top of page 4

Are they expected to last though a 2 year 10-12k/yr lease?

·
Registered
63 Posts
They aren't bad, but they are an all season tire so performance is limited versus a summer tire. I can't say I have too many complaints with them overall. I can get mine to sing a little bit in the corners when I'm driving spiritedly but that's expected.

I've got 9k on mine, I did just have one replaced due to a nail and the others are wearing fine/evenly. I don't see you having to replace them within your lease.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've got these tire on my 2017 Ti Q4 and have zero complaints. I live in CO where a lot of the city roads are absolute garbage and they seem to have no problem standing up to the rough roads and occasional potholes (I do make an extreme effort to dodge them as much as possible). As far as performance driving, again, I've had zero complaints. I can consistently pull upwards of 0.8g's without any loss of grip. Now I would give some of that credit to the Q4 system, LSD and adaptive suspension, but at least in this configuration the tires are by no means a weak point in my experience. However, if you go with RWD, I cannot attest to whether or not there is still enough grip with these tires. We are about a year into our 3 year lease, and I have no doubt they would last all the way through your 2 year lease even I'd you do some spirited driving often. As long as you're not at the track all the time, wear shouldn't be an issue from what I've seen. So like I said, Q4 with performance pack works perfectly with these tires (and being in CO, it works awesome in snow too) but again I can't attest to the same without those other options working to maximize the performance of the tires.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I’ll echo the above sentiments: they’re pretty good. Sticky enough to do what you want on the road this side of hitting turns like Lewis Hamilton, at which point they will howl and squirm a bit, but will remain predictable.

I have found the Alfa spec front pressure to be too low for my tastes, and do run them up at 37-38psi to match the rears. Feedback and stability seem a little better, and they don’t howl as easily when pushed in the +.8g range.

I’m only at 5k miles on mine, but they look good tread wear-wise. I’ve got to get them through two years/30k miles only.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
13,000+ on P7's, didn't believe they were run-flats at first because they rode nicely. Squeal like excited school kids if you push them, but wearing just fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks guys. Looking forward to finalizing my lease soon and picking up the car! going with Q4 Ti Sport. so I'm probably good to skip any wheel/tire warranty? especially because tires seem to be covered anyway...

·
Registered
63 Posts
PHP:
thanks guys. Looking forward to finalizing my lease soon and picking up the car! going with Q4 Ti Sport. so I'm probably good to skip any wheel/tire warranty? especially because tires seem to be covered anyway...

I got the warranty on mine. Low profile + Michigan roads make it worthwhile. I've already had one tire replaced.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
PHP:

I got the warranty on mine. Low profile + Michigan roads make it worthwhile. I've already had one tire replaced.
+1

I didn't check to see what kind of warranty was available from the manufacturer on the tires because my main concern was road damage to the expensive wheel. I've cracked and dented wheels, and damaged tires out here before, so wrapping the wheel/tire road hazard insurance into my car note was a better proposition than paying what could easily be $600, for just a single wheel and tire, out of pocket.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They're average all-season tires, and don't do sporty cars justice.

I noticed tread squirm in fast corners, that they tended to suffer from sidewall deformation at speed.

Once I had replaced them with Continental DW summer tires, it was as if I unlocked a new level of performance.

If you have to have a sport oriented all-season, look at the Michelin A/S3 +

·
Registered
248 Posts
+1

I didn't check to see what kind of warranty was available from the manufacturer on the tires because my main concern was road damage to the expensive wheel. I've cracked and dented wheels, and damaged tires out here before, so wrapping the wheel/tire road hazard insurance into my car note was a better proposition than paying what could easily be $600, for just a single wheel and tire, out of pocket.
Did you purchase from the dealer? What does it run?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Did you purchase from the dealer? What does it run?
I did, but you know, I don't really recall exactly, and I don't have the file at hand, but I want to say it was something like $900 for three years, but I really don't recall. I'll try to remember to check.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm probably going to forego the wheel insurance (unless I can get it for like $300) because I don't hit many potholes even though I am in NJ... hopefully nothing happens

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 24,000 miles on my Giulia and the tires are still fine for probably another 5-10K miles. I had to replace one of the tires because of an unrepairable puncture. The single new tired had to be “shaved” to make sure it was the same diameter as the other three because I have the Q4 and performance package.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
P7 are basically all season grand touring tires....Giulia’s handling is so good that it in many ways masks P7s deficiencies....I think they are perfectly fine for everyday use....I will eventually replace them with high performance all season P Zero Nero in runflat version, they are much better AS tire with still very low wear....I contemplated going to non runflats where there are more options but the hassle if you have a flat (I had one slow leak so far on P7) is just not worthed the trouble when somewhere on the roadtrip

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts
Are you guys driving with the same tires I've got? 225 40R19 Centuratos on a Q4. I have yet to hear anything but a little road noise from the tires, in spite of getting a little bit sideways and frequently pulling about 0.85 gs (on the center display) in turns. I hear a little ABS chatter when I brake very hard, but nothing like a squeal.

I inflate to 33PSI front and 34PSI rear (lower than on the sticker). This seems to quiet things a little and provide a little more grip. Also, I do my most aggressive driving above 6000' elevation while I check the tire pressure at sea level, so I probably have slightly higher than the recommended pressure once I get going.

I am planning to switch to 245 35R19 Michelin A/S 3+ non run flat mounted on 19x8.5 Tecnicos in a couple of weeks. We will see if that yields the extra 0.1gs of grip and maybe 10 feet less braking distance from 60MPH that tire rack claims.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How are these tires? I have seen conflicting opinions. It seems the performance is adequate for semi-spirited driving but anything past that recommended to go summer tires. I don't think I will exceed performance capabilities of these

I have seen negative reviews on tire rack though, people hit even a small pothole and have to replace the tire. Are they really that bad? I looked at the Pirelli manufacture document and they come with a road hazard warranty though.

https://www.pirelli.com/asset/index.php?idelement=94425 - bottom of page 3 and top of page 4

I don’t have these on my Giulia but do on my 2014 BMW 328i xDrive. They’ve lasted 40000 miles so far. And roads in the Boston area are bad. Of course this is on a daily driver car. Had to replace one tyre because of a pothole but i drove on that “flat” tyre for 150 miles until I had the time to get it replaced. I’d say if these are what came with your car, leave them on, especially if it’s a lease and you aren’t doing constant spirited driving. Here is Boston there’s hardly any time of day where there no traffic to do that.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts