Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Pirelli P Zero AR Pirelli Sottozero 3
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When: Sunday, September 18, 2022 10am -1pm
Where: Stony Brook University - Stony Brook, NY (Long Island)
Map: On the campus lawn adjacent to the Physics Building, across from the Athletic Arena on John Toll Drive.
How much: Free

Robert D. Cess Concorso d’Eleganza XVI

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Each year, the Center for Italian Studies presents the Robert D. Cess Concorso d'Eleganza Annual Celebration of Italian Vehicle Excellence and Beauty. The show is a display of "art forms on wheels" as a means of illustrating one form of Italian culture. Various Italian vehicle groups will be represented. The show is free and open to the public and will take place on the campus lawn adjacent to the Physics Building, across from the Athletic Arena on John Toll Drive.

Owners of Italian vehicles interested in participating can contact: Josephine Fusco at [email protected] or call 631-632-7444.

Watch The Donna Drake Show feature of last year’s Concorso (XV)

·
Registered
851 Posts
sumana bitch!!! I kept looking for the posting for this in Newsday and didn’t see anything on it! I had went last year, which was on 9/26 and was looking forward to it. Merde!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sumana bitch!!! I kept looking for the posting for this in Newsday and didn’t see anything on it! I had went last year, which was on 9/26 and was looking forward to it. Merde!
For the future you can try two official places:

1) NY AROC website for events: NYAROC
2) Join the Stony Brook Univ. Center for Italian Studies email list: josephine.fusco AT stonybrook.edu

·
Registered
851 Posts
Last year, I didn’t bring my beautiful Giulia onto the field as I had an appointment afterwards elsewhere. When I walked back to the lot I was parked in and got in, she got me back. My left side sunglass door was open and met my shin with such force, I have a scar. Fiery Italian.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,947 Posts
Last year, I didn’t bring my beautiful Giulia onto the field as I had an appointment afterwards elsewhere. When I walked back to the lot I was parked in and got in, she got me back. My left side sunglass door was open and met my shin with such force, I have a scar. Fiery Italian.
I call that the shin f%^er. LOL. It got me twice, bled both times.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I call that the shin f%^er. LOL. It got me twice, bled both times.
True story. Bled and I couldn’t drive for five minutes. I moved to the exit of the lot and just parked there. Anyone wants to say the interior of the car is chintzy, let them whack their shin into this military grade flap. They’ll be limping for a week!

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,947 Posts
True story. Bled and I couldn’t drive for five minutes. I moved to the exit of the lot and just parked there. Anyone wants to say the interior of the car is chintzy, let them whack their shin into this military grade flap. They’ll be limping for a week!
It's hilarious how stout that damned thing is. I have flashbacks. It's now holding my subwoofer volume control, so I don't put anything else in there and accidentally leave it open.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's hilarious how stout that damned thing is. I have flashbacks. It's now holding my subwoofer volume control, so I don't put anything else in there and accidentally leave it open.
I use it to hold my sunglasses, so it is always closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts