Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

701 - 720 of 729 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I picked her up on Thursday. I swapped the newer Michelin PS4s on from my E46 BMW Saturday morning and then started to clean. This is what it looks like after 15 hours. Not really staged... that's just the end of my street with downtown Phoenix in the background.

I was a bit surprised how much work it took to clean her. Normally, I just clay bar then wax, but this car spent the first year in Tennessee. I forgot how big an impact weather can have. With all of the work into color correction, I decided to try Avalon King's ceramic coating instead of a wax product. It went on pretty easy considering the weather and low humidity out here. One bottle was more than enough to cover the car, glass and rims.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
OK, a few hours ago. Taken in Port Huron, MI. We just traversed Ontario, Canada from Niagara Falls to Sarnia.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Coffee break...
IMG_20191220_074857.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rainy evening in NC.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Professionally paint corrected and IGL ceramic coated. View attachment 94222 View attachment 94223 View attachment 94224 View attachment 94225 View attachment 94226

nice do you have spacers? I just installed 15mm all around. Also, when does paint correction done ideally? I’ve had mine since last April. A 2018 model new when I got it. Rosso red comp, never professionally detailed ever. Just regular car washes and I do see little scratches on the clear coat nothing major. Should I get paint correction or just detail?

·
Registered
187 Posts
No spacers. Suspension is stock. I got my car in August, I have 1200 miles on it. I did a paint correction on ceramic myself. I wasn't too pleased with the ceramic, so I decided to shop around and get it done professionally. Most people will tell you to get Ceramic Pro, which is about $1500 with paint correction. I did some research and IGL in tests, performed the same and even better in some instances. I had a mobile detailer near me do it. He came to me and did it in my garage. He was here from 8am until 7PM. He did for $600. Im very pleased.

701 - 720 of 729 Posts