Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post pictures of the subwoofer for the harman variant? (Inside the trunk)
I have a base audio system, so i would like to know how and where the stock subwoofer would fit?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
Can anyone post pictures of the subwoofer for the harman variant? (Inside the trunk)
I have a base audio system, so i would like to know how and where the stock subwoofer would fit?
the sub woofer is located right in the middle of the rear of the Car. For the cars with the base stereo, If you look inside your trunk you will see an opening in the sheet metal already pre-cut where the sub woofer would normally go. It will be very easy to install an aftermarket sub woofer with the dimensions. The installer will need to cut a hole in the material inside the cabin. I would also recommend to purchase an amplifier as i dont think the base radio has enough wattage to power a sub woofer or any additional speakers for that matter. Thankfully the car battery is in the truck so an installer can easily plug an amplifier and feed it power.

The speaker layout for the three different sound systems is below so you can see the difference between the base, upgraded 400 watt system and the 900 watt HK sound system.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sub woofer is located right in the middle of the rear of the Car. For the cars with the base stereo, If you look inside your trunk you will see an opening in the sheet metal already pre-cut where the sub woofer would normally go. It will be very easy to install an aftermarket sub woofer with the dimensions. The installer will need to cut a hole in the material inside the cabin. I would also recommend to purchase an amplifier as i dont think the base radio has enough wattage to power a sub woofer or any additional speakers for that matter. Thankfully the car battery is in the truck so an installer can easily plug an amplifier and feed it power.

The speaker layout for the three different sound systems is below so you can see the difference between the base, upgraded 400 watt system and the 900 watt HK sound system.
You read my mind. Considering the fact that the trunk space is small, i was wondering if I could use the opening where a stock sub would have been installed. I may be way off here, but that opening is around 6.5 inches?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
You read my mind. Considering the fact that the trunk space is small, i was wondering if I could use the opening where a stock sub would have been installed. I may be way off here, but that opening is around 6.5 inches?
i would recommend you use that space. By placing an open/free air subwoofer in the original location, it will use the trunk space instead of a traditional box enclosure thus saving you a lot of space. Not sure of the dimensions of the pre-cut hole however :(

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,092 Posts
Thats the reason why i want to see the subwoofer. I have seen 8,10,12 inches subwoofer but no idea about this 7x8 size
You're giving me ideas about a "Spinal Tap" special edition Giulia.

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a couple of quick snaps of the subwoofer (HK). I don't have a tape measure right now but if you need exact dimensions I can get them later today.
Thats the sub? Am really sorry for people who opted the premium audio setup.

And, thank you very much for the pics.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,092 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I spoke to Alfa premium care. Seems like I can only add a sub if i purchase it from mopar, and get it installed by an authorized dealer. Only then would the warranty exist.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice! dual JL Audio? what exactly did they install? (additional amp?) you mind giving us approx. cost?

thanks!

Focal BE Utopia Ultima 3 way fronts
Focal 2 way 165 rears
Audison Bit One HD processor
2 JL Audio HD amps
JL Audio TW5v2 subs
Dyna Matt sound proofing through out

20k ish
...speechless

·
Registered
187 Posts
Would a 8" or 10" sub work in place of the HK sub and sound good without getting into additional amplification?

So long as it's mounted with a small spacer, even at max extension, I can't see it interfering with the rear deck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.