Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post and first time Alfa owner after many years of lusting over the forbidden fruit. Just locked down a deal on a new 2018 Trofeo White QV! Hoping to pickup this week. Coming out of an Alpine White BMW 650i xDrive GranCoupe (I got a thing for white cars ?/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif.

Was cross shopping the QV and the Ghibli. Had an opportunity to drive the two back to back. Totally different, I know; just had to experience for myself. Absolutely fell in love with the QV, so much so that I made the deal on the spot. The Ghibli was very nice (and more expensive). If I could describe it in a one liner, it felt like a Lexus with personality compared to the QV; and I mean that in a nice way. Great car, but way different and more plush.

Looking forward to many years of blissful ownership and spending time with this community!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Hoping you can get some sleep until then. Exciting times :grin2:

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great choice I think you did the right thing. When I drive the Maserati I just felt like the Q.V. performance and feel was better to me. And there was a significant price difference for that too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. The itch is real! Can’t wait to pick this thing up.

The QV’s are dare I say it, bargains compared to the competition. The engineering prowess, dynamics and personality leaves me in awe.

Immediate items after taking possession:
Clear 3M wrap for the front end.

Gloss black or carbon look roof wrap. Why do I feel slightly disingenuous putting a carbon wrap on a painted carbon roof ?

No front plate mount. Told the dealer that was a deal breaker for me. Debating tints as well, but now I got 2 violations to worry about in NJ ?‍♂

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome.....as for the wrap, you may want to look into Xpel Ultimate (I believe it to be superior)...

As for the front plate, same here...I told them if they drilled the front bumper they were keeping the car....

I've owned my Quad since May 2017 , no front plate tickets as of yet (even got pulled over for speeding

but didn't receive a front plate "add on")

As for the Ghibli...my wife has a 2017 as her daily (SQ4)....The Alfa is lightyears better as a driver's car...

However, my Quad stickered for more ! And when I ordered (Feb 2017), I had to pay MSRP....:frown2:

Anyway, welcome to the club....Think about "tanning" the roof before you do it (although I wish I could

have gotten a glass roof on the Quad as an option......Interior is too dark.....D

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome.....as for the wrap, you may want to look into Xpel Ultimate (I believe it to be superior)...

As for the front plate, same here...I told them if they drilled the front bumper they were keeping the car....

I've owned my Quad since May 2017 , no front plate tickets as of yet (even got pulled over for speeding

but didn't receive a front plate "add on")

As for the Ghibli...my wife has a 2017 as her daily (SQ4)....The Alfa is lightyears better as a driver's car...

However, my Quad stickered for more ! And when I ordered (Feb 2017), I had to pay MSRP..../forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_sad.png

Anyway, welcome to the club....Think about "tanning" the roof before you do it (although I wish I could

have gotten a glass roof on the Quad as an option......Interior is too dark.....D
Thanks! Gonna look into Xpel.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats on the new QV !! I got my 2017 in April of 2017, it now has 13,500 miles on it with no issues other than a broken bracket on the headlight washer. I have had the Ghibli as a loaner when the QV was in for its first service, I liked it but I much prefer the QV, especially for the price ....

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I used SunTek ultra full front end, B pillars (the B pillars had noticeable swirls that drove me nuts) detailed and wrapped they looked great, also the rockers, and fenders and I did the a pillars, mirrors and door entries then nano coat. I am glad I did the rockers. I have heard a few rock hits and have seen those on other brands like vetted that were pretty marked up. Rather than the roof maybe look at the rear CF diffuser. It is not cheap but I have my eye on that. I am just wondering about longevity. Beyond the 2200 price tag I would have to wrap that to. Might want to consider the trunk too. Wish list includes the door slip lighting (very cool).

Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Congrats on the new QV !! I got my 2017 in April of 2017, it now has 13,500 miles on it with no issues other than a broken bracket on the headlight washer. I have had the Ghibli as a loaner when the QV was in for its first service, I liked it but I much prefer the QV, especially for the price ....
From what I understand, every QV has a broken headlight washer bracket, at least the early ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are kits available that allow you to mount the license plate using the front tow hook fitting. for example
I have one but have not used it and do not plan to until I get stopped.
Thanks! I may buy that and keep in the trunk. Appears more genuine, “I didn’t get around to installing it officer” ?‍♂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That’s comforting to hear as the only warranty I bought from the FI guy was wheel and tire for $900. For NJ roads, money we’ll spent for 7 years coverage. On the 650iGC I replaced 8 tires and 4 bent wheels in 4 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used SunTek ultra full front end, B pillars (the B pillars had noticeable swirls that drove me nuts) detailed and wrapped they looked great, also the rockers, and fenders and I did the a pillars, mirrors and door entries then nano coat. I am glad I did the rockers. I have heard a few rock hits and have seen those on other brands like vetted that were pretty marked up. Rather than the roof maybe look at the rear CF diffuser. It is not cheap but I have my eye on that. I am just wondering about longevity. Beyond the 2200 price tag I would have to wrap that to. Might want to consider the trunk too. Wish list includes the door slip lighting (very cool).

Welcome and enjoy.
Thanks!

I struggled with the wrap decision quite a bit. On all my cars, it was the front bumper cover that sustained the most chip damage over the years. I’m likely gonna gonna do a headlight and front bumper clear wrap and black wrap the roof. Especially in the Trofeo white, it’ll make for a nice look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
every QV has a broken headlight washer bracket
I question the effectiveness of a headlight washer so I removed the relay for the unit to avoid the problem.
When I had my 650iGC coded, the first thing I disabled was the headlight washer. It especially sucked when you accidentally activated it after a car wash. It would spray the whole car ?. Even with NJ winters, I could totally do without this feature. ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts