Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perdonami il mio italiano, ho usato la traduzione di Google.

Just before the sales lady was about to trash it, I asked if I could please keep this:

"PICKING KIT_LIBRETTI"

DISEGNO AREA JIT DESCRIZIONE QTA'

00925944490I 4E FREGIO RUOTA POST. VEDI (50539932) 1 (Not sure)
00925944480I 4E FREGIO RUOTA ANT. VEDI (50539932) 1 (Not sure)
00604388720E CS CUSTODIA LIBRETTI ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 1 (Possibly the owner's portfolio case)
00531024370E FP VITE(NORMALE) FISS. TARGA POST. 2 (Possibly a couple screws for the rear license plate)
00467913330E FP GOMMINO ANTIVIBRANTE PER TARGA POST. 2 (*Something of interest I want to follow up on, sounds like some vibration damper)
01561267380E HX PORTATARGA-- 1 (License plate per Google translate)
00505399320E LU FREGIO RUOTA 4 (Google keeps translating fregio as frieze. I'm stuck on what that "wheel frieze" means!)
00604900660E SU SUPPLEMENTO AL L.U.M-- 1 (Supplement to what???)

I tried Google translate but it's kind of rough.

If anyone can translate to English so I can verify we received what we should have it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Perdonami il mio italiano, ho usato la traduzione di Google.

00925944490I 4E FREGIO RUOTA POST. VEDI (50539932) 1 (Not sure)
00925944480I 4E FREGIO RUOTA ANT. VEDI (50539932) 1 (Not sure)
00505399320E LU FREGIO RUOTA 4 (Google keeps translating fregio as frieze. I'm stuck on what that "wheel frieze" means!)
I think these are the wheel center caps. I'm not sure why there are 6 of them listed. The first two are rear (post.) and front (ant.) something. The part number 50539932 comes up as the wheel center cap.

Reactions: jzchen

·
Registered
694 Posts
I looked up some part numbers on eper, ignoring the leading and trailing zeros.
00604388720E CS CUSTODIA LIBRETTI ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 1 (Possibly the owner's portfolio case)
This is the "portfolio", you are right.
00531024370E FP VITE(NORMALE) FISS. TARGA POST. 2 (Possibly a couple screws for the rear license plate)
Yes, you are right
00467913330E FP GOMMINO ANTIVIBRANTE PER TARGA POST. 2 (*Something of interest I want to follow up on, sounds like some vibration damper)
This is a spacer that goes between the license and the body. This was missing on mine.

00604900660E SU SUPPLEMENTO AL L.U.M-- 1 (Supplement to what???)
[/QUOTE]Owners manual supplement

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There you are. "Wheel ornament" does in fact refer to the center caps.

Code:
[B]DRAWING        JIT AREA   DESCRIPTION                           QTY[/B]

00925944490I   4E         FRONT WHEEL ORNAMENT SEE (50539932)   1
00925944480I   4E         REAR WHEEL ORNAMENT SEE (50539932)    1
00604388720E   CS         ALFA ROMEO GIULIA MANUAL POUCH        1
00531024370E   FP         SCREW(NORMAL) MOUNT. REAR PLATE       2
00467913330E   FP         ANTIVIBRATION SPACER FOR REAR PLATE   2
01561267380E   HX         LICENSE PLATE MOUNT--                 1
00505399320E   LU         WHEEL ORNAMENT                        4
00604900660E   SU         OWNERS MANUAL ADDENDUM                1

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you so much Verrilli!!!

We just got the CA license plates and I’m going to take a peek behind the rear dealer plate for those spacers. I will try to ask the dealer about them if they are missing! I’ll also try to post a picture of them if/when we have them....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same papers in my car!!! I was wondering what they were

Good they didn’t try to throw them! I want those spacers to limit sound from the license plate. Now you have evidence too that they should be there if they aren’t.

Exactly why I asked to keep the paper...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Good they didn’t try to throw them! I want those spacers to limit sound from the license plate. Now you have evidence too that they should be there if they aren’t.

Exactly why I asked to keep the paper...
I have the two little soft circles that are supposed to keep the plate from hitting the paint, they are there for me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
There you are. "Wheel ornament" does in fact refer to the center caps.

Code:
[B]DRAWING        JIT AREA   DESCRIPTION                           QTY[/B]

00925944490I   4E         FRONT WHEEL ORNAMENT SEE (50539932)   1
00925944480I   4E         REAR WHEEL ORNAMENT SEE (50539932)    1
00604388720E   CS         ALFA ROMEO GIULIA MANUAL POUCH        1
00531024370E   FP         SCREW(NORMAL) MOUNT. REAR PLATE       2
00467913330E   FP         ANTIVIBRATION SPACER FOR REAR PLATE   2
01561267380E   HX         LICENSE PLATE MOUNT--                 1
00505399320E   LU         WHEEL ORNAMENT                        4
00604900660E   SU         OWNERS MANUAL ADDENDUM                1
I'm missing the spacers which I can see parts diagram for the rear bumper.

I did get some kind of mounting plate (ln a plastic bag) but the holes in it do not line up with any of the holes on the trunk lid or with license plate holes. It has part number 156124018 printed on the back. I would guess this is supposed to be for a front mounted plate. It looks like the front bumper plate in the diagram (2). The part number does not match the list above nor can I find it in either the diagram for the rear bumper or the front bumper.

Did anyone get a rear mount plate? Do the spacers fit between this and the plate? Is there a part number printed on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I wish I had access to "eper"...

The plate mounting that we got looks like the front plate mounting:. 156124020 is beveled (is that the correct term?) on it....

I guess that it is dependent on which front bumper your Giulia comes with....

For the rear we got the top mounts correct, but for the bottom, one "3" on the left and the "pin" pushed all the way into the trunk lid on the right.

Dark to take a picture....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pictures kindly provided by Verrilli are complete now that I'm on a computer. I have been primarily on my phone with Tapatalk and the pictures are cut.

The front plate mount was sealed inside a plastic bag. 4 each of #1 and #3 is all that came in a tiny zip lock taped to the back of the plate holder. There are very tiny dimples on the holder, which decently line up to the holes on our CA license plate. They are clearly visible to me in bright light....

The front plate bracket fits nicely to the driver's side false tow hole as I just had time to test fit it there. Per memory instructions note to tape the bracket onto the bumper, and verify it does not set off the front parking sensors that are included on our car. I guess I will try to mount the license plate onto the bracket, then tape to the bumper, make sure it does not set off the sensors, and then just use 4 screws to fit it in place. One will have to remove the license plate from the bracket to access the holes provided to mount the bracket following this. (I don't want to risk having the metal plate set off the sensors after verifying only the plastic plate bracket doesn't cause issue, and have the combination plate and bracket do cause issues!) This is at least my current plan. Car is at work with my wife....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
You get the awful front plate mount in the bag. The dealer uses the circle as a guide and screws it in, and then drills through the mount and into the bumper to keep it on there. Then, they just drill holes into the mount and affix the license plate. Not only does it look terrible, it is perhaps the dumbest front plate mount I've seen in a very long time, probably ever. Again, just buy the Alfa9 mount ... it's such a well priced, excellent product ... it took probably 15 minutes for a relatively incompetent 18 year old self to install it

There is no bracket for the rear. You screw the plate directly into the holes (with a frame, cover, etc of your choosing, or none). You can buy an aftermarket bracket but I found the rear camera was a little too chunky to fit with covers/frames, and just not worth it. The best plate frame cover is the Weathertech Clearcover which is a frame and clear cover as a singular unit, and very very high quality.

I got a ton of screws with my front plate mount. The little screws oddly enough fit into the small holes in the rear of the car, but I don't think we're really supposed to do that. I think it's expected that owners mount the rear plate with two screws, and that's about it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alfa9 is Rho-Plate V2 rebadged? I have one relocation bracket made by Rho-Plate, and I have been very happy they made it to fit the Mercedes S212 in the household. (Sent a few requested pics, made payment, and in the mail came a well fitting bracket. All with quite quick turnaround).

Hmmm. Decisions decisions....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Alfa 9 is indeed the RHO plate as labelled on the box. Any front plate looks terrible. Many owners just take a chance and leave it off. This is what my Massachusetts dealer recommended. I have the Alfa 9 mount but only install it for DMV safety inspection.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Greg for confirming! And a lot of people do leave the front plate off here. They even informed me that it is not a “fix-it-ticket” which is a headache to take care of. That said it is scary sometimes when you are pulled over here...

I just asked my wife what she thinks of putting the front plate. She said “up to you”.....

Of all the cars in the house, I only skipped out of drilling the Mercedes I mentioned, well that and the Scion iQ, where I drilled the plate to line up with the clips already there....

Max, thanks. I do appreciate your concern. I am overthinking this.... (What would a supermodel do?.....).

Sincerely,
Jesse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts