Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My iphone ring volume on a '17 Guilia is way too loud. Adjusting the volume on the phone or the volume control does not help.

The conversations are fine, it's the ring that splits my ear.

Anyone know how to adjust it?

Thank you

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
806 Posts
Only way I know…

Wait until the phone is ringing again and turn the volume down during the ring. It’ll save what you adjust it to for next time. Same is true for Siri voice if using CarPlay.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just adding to what Marmaduke wrote above, I believe this is a car setting that's independent of the specific phone being connected. So switching phones shouldn't require re-setting the volume.

Reactions: Marmaduke

·
Registered
136 Posts
Something you didn’t mention is if you phone is connected through the USB port or just Bluetooth. They behave differently. My ring volume is much higher when the phone is connected through Bluetooth than usb.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
806 Posts
A Top 10 in the Forum's 2021 Comment Of The Year !!!!!!
I found this forum by watching a salesman use it at the dealership to answer a question that I asked.🤣

Something you didn’t mention is if you phone is connected through the USB port or just Bluetooth. They behave differently. My ring volume is much higher when the phone is connected through Bluetooth than usb.
Bluetooth volume may be dependent based on phone volume level. I pretty much always plug in for CarPlay so I haven’t messed with Bluetooth much (and just assumed it was plugged in), but for Bluetooth if the phone treats it as a “wireless speaker” then adjusting the volume on your device may affect the car as well. Car volume adjustment will become secondary to your phone at that point. Any modern phone should remember last volume level for each paired device. Best bet is to turn phone volume all the way to the top and then adjust car from there. That way your “master volume” is all the way up so you get the full range of volume control on the car. Just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: greg328

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found this forum by watching a salesman use it at the dealership to answer a question that I asked.🤣

Bluetooth volume may be dependent based on phone volume level. I pretty much always plug in for CarPlay so I haven’t messed with Bluetooth much (and just assumed it was plugged in), but for Bluetooth if the phone treats it as a “wireless speaker” then adjusting the volume on your device may affect the car as well. Car volume adjustment will become secondary to your phone at that point. Any modern phone should remember last volume level for each paired device. Best bet is to turn phone volume all the way to the top and then adjust car from there. That way your “master volume” is all the way up so you get the full range of volume control on the car. Just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks.

I can adjust it via the phone but it starts at full volume, no matter what the volume on the phone is. It's loud enough to make any passenger jump!

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
806 Posts
That is so weird... Is it just for your bluetooth, or does it do it with radio too?

Things to try:

1) Forget phone from car and car from phone and then make a brand new collection.

2) Update your phone to the latest software if it is not already there.

3) Check your car software version and consider upgrading it if not done.

Sounds like a software bug...

·
Registered
580 Posts
The ring volume can be adjusted whilst the phone is ringing via either the steering wheel or console volume dials
That might be the key - I just realized Marmaduke never specified to adjust the volume on the car, not directly on the phone. That's what I did when I adjusted mine ages ago and I just assumed that was the way to do it for everybody.

Reactions: Marmaduke

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
806 Posts
That might be the key - I just realized Marmaduke never specified to adjust the volume on the car, not directly on the phone. That's what I did when I adjusted mine ages ago and I just assumed that was the way to do it for everybody.
I should have specified that. For iPhones at least, the default is to lock the ringer volume at whatever you set it for and for it to NOT be adjustable with the manual buttons. This can be changed in settings… but yes for the car adjust the car volume to turn down Siri’s nagging voice or the ringer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts