·
Vendor
2,602 Posts
I know someone working on it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just shot a message to the local Alfa Romeo club President about having older Alfa's meet up too. I have a brake pad/rotor swap going on today so I'll need to wait a week or so for them to break in, so maybe early February. Let me know if you're interested and I'll start sorting things out for everyone.

·
Vendor
2,602 Posts
I just shot a message to the local Alfa Romeo club President about having older Alfa's meet up too. I have a brake pad/rotor swap going on today so I'll need to wait a week or so for them to break in, so maybe early February. Let me know if you're interested and I'll start sorting things out for everyone.
I use to be a member, not many but I think there could be a good turnout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm In. This fourm
NP. We're thinking of doing a South Mountain cruise sometime soon, but I'm about to list my home for sale, so right there with getting the house ready. I'll try and coordinate with the other owners after the holidays.

As for the different exhaust set ups, I can give you the cliff notes. My Alfa came with a crappy, poorly made set of 'straight pipes'. I took it off a few weeks after buying mine and added the Madness Monza setup. Since the car was already loud to begin with, it doesn't seem that bad. Personally, I come from the open header American V8 world, so everything is quite. I have to agree that most 4 cyl engines sound bad with exhaust w/ JDMs being the worst of the bunch. The Monza exhaust has no resonator or mufflers, but the car sounds surprisingly good. I can't think of another 4 banger that sounds as nice w/ exhaust.

The SuperSprint that was installed last week is a much more mature sound. For me, it's barely louder than stock. It does provide a nice tuned note with a bit more bass. For most casual drivers, it's probably the best route to go.
I ended up getting the Remus axle back. Very mature, smooth, and throaty when you need it. I also ordered a TDI tuning box. I was going to do a JB4 since I use them on my VW. But TDI seems to be good over seas. Let's see after I get it on this Thursday.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts