Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Phoenix area Alfa owners. It doesn't look like there's much in the way of an Alfa community out here (aside from the AZ AROC, which seems to focus on older models) so I wanted to reach out to local Giulia owners. I'm always interested in meet ups and the occasional cruises, but I'm also pretty comfortable wrenching on cars. Let me know if you want help with installing any of mods available to us. I also have the MY2017 FCA manual available for review on my garage computer (though I have to confess, the AC doesn't help out there during the summer).

Aside from meet ups and working on cars, another thing that I'd be interested in doing is creating content for YouTube. There's a lack of how-to vids out there for our cars and that's going to make it hard to keep Guilia's on the road later on. If your interested in making some of these for our ride, let me know. I already have some clips from the mods I've done sitting around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’d be interested. I’m in Mesa at Power and University. Work is supposedly picking up next month but right now things are pretty slow for me. I’ve only seen about 4 Giulias on the road out here and the only Stelvio I’ve seen was my loaner, kinda sad 😞

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I saw three Giulias and one Stelvio before I bought mine. I notice them a bit more often now that I own one, but they’re pretty rare. Let me know if you need help w/ any installs. I’m downtown in Phoenix off Roosevelt Row, so everywhere in the valley is pretty close. Once things cool off and the Pavs reopen, I’ll be heading out that way to every so often too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m keeping almost everything stock for now at least till the warranty is over. Let me know if you want to meet up or need help making any vids, I’d be happy to assist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, I'm new here (second post haha). Indeed few Alfas here, but we got one! White TI w/tan interior. Just picked it up, it's great! If there is an Alfa meet somewhere in the valley, let us know, could be fun :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just missed out on a little Alfa meet yesterday in Scottsdale. We installed a axle back and got RDNA added on. Let me know if you’d like to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh bummer! If I knew we would have driven out there. We're in Ahwatukee but Scottsdale is just a quick trip up the 101. Are meetings announced/posted somewhere?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, the other two gentlemen were newer Alfa owners that reached out for help here on the forums. I'd done the installs before and have both MES and the shop manual, so I swung by to help. We don't have any meet ups planned, but there is an Alfa Romeo club that meets at Arriverderci on Scottsdale and Thunderbird. We're thinking of doing that one night. Maybe we can also set up a meet and cruise sometime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
About to pick up my TI tomorrow morning. '17 Giulia ti vesuvio gray. Sport package. Been driving around a VW tiguan last 5 years missing my Evo X that I had before that. Which would love to have back lol but... This car is a beaut.

Has anyone just removed the resonator and kept the stock muffler? I always see muffler delete but the resonator only, I haven't seen.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a full cat back w/o resonator or muffler. We just did a Supersprint axle back, which kept the resonator. Most people go those routes since the aftermarket setups come that way. I’m not sure removing the resonator alone would do much, but we could probably get the different options together if you’d like to hear the differences sometime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a full cat back w/o resonator or muffler. We just did a Supersprint axle back, which kept the resonator. Most people go those routes since the aftermarket setups come that way. I’m not sure removing the resonator alone would do much, but we could probably get the different options together if you’d like to hear the differences sometime.
I'm just curious. It's hard to get a good sound out of 4 cylinder car. My Evo X was just obnoxious outside. Inside drone not much of it. Which was surprising. I would be curious to see if removing just the resonator and keeping the stock muffler would make a bit of a difference.

How do you like your exhaust now?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Jdmcbuilt I’m going to have another Alfa at my place in downtown Phoenix this afternoon if you want to hear a couple aftermarket exhausts (both resonated and unresonated). PM me if you want to check it out real quick... we’re meeting around 1 downtown.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NP. We're thinking of doing a South Mountain cruise sometime soon, but I'm about to list my home for sale, so right there with getting the house ready. I'll try and coordinate with the other owners after the holidays.

As for the different exhaust set ups, I can give you the cliff notes. My Alfa came with a crappy, poorly made set of 'straight pipes'. I took it off a few weeks after buying mine and added the Madness Monza setup. Since the car was already loud to begin with, it doesn't seem that bad. Personally, I come from the open header American V8 world, so everything is quite. I have to agree that most 4 cyl engines sound bad with exhaust w/ JDMs being the worst of the bunch. The Monza exhaust has no resonator or mufflers, but the car sounds surprisingly good. I can't think of another 4 banger that sounds as nice w/ exhaust.

The SuperSprint that was installed last week is a much more mature sound. For me, it's barely louder than stock. It does provide a nice tuned note with a bit more bass. For most casual drivers, it's probably the best route to go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will do. With the holidays, I'm thinking an early January meet up would work. I'll post a new thread with ideas soon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m going to be putting together a South Mountain cruise meet soon. Typically Saturdays work best since some of the Sundays the road is closed. I’ll make sure to tag everyone shortly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts