Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 'light' enhancements anyone has done to improve performance? I am certainly not complaining, but just looking to move the needle a little.....During the pandemic I find myself taking joy rides, etc...

·
Super Moderator
2,760 Posts
Are there any 'light' enhancements anyone has done to improve performance? I am certainly not complaining, but just looking to move to the needle a little.....During the pandemic I find myself taking joy rides, etc...
What's your price range, DIY ability, and end goal? Power or handling, or both?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Tires, lightweight wheels, suspension, intake, exhaust, piggyback/flash tune, brake pads and rotors, weight reduction, the list is extensive. It depends on what you want to prioritize, and how far down the rabbit hole you're willing to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a 2019 Giulia Q4 sport Misano Blue. had it about 3 weeks now. Here are my mods.

Rear carbon spoiler ( ordered before I picked up car)
Madness max pro piggyback (real easy install) took me about 15-20 min..
EC wheel spacers 17mm 5mm
window tint 35% side glass 20% rear window 5% visor
muffler delete (sounds great and is pretty cheap $200-300
EC V2 intake
Go fast diverter valve

right about 2k for all these upgrades. Its a different car
4.80 0-60 times with just the Madness max pro. and not one issue (no engine lights or any issues)
its a much more enjoyable vehicle with the upgrades

good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also have a 2019 Giulia Q4 sport Misano Blue. had it about 3 weeks now. Here are my mods.

Rear carbon spoiler ( ordered before I picked up car)
Madness max pro piggyback (real easy install) took me about 15-20 min..
EC wheel spacers 17mm 5mm
window tint 35% side glass 20% rear window 5% visor
muffler delete (sounds great and is pretty cheap $200-300
EC V2 intake
Go fast diverter valve

right about 2k for all these upgrades. Its a different car
4.80 0-60 times with just the Madness max pro. and not one issue (no engine lights or any issues)
its a much more enjoyable vehicle with the upgrades

good luck!
Awesome - thank you for sharing

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,602 Posts
If you want to move the needle a bit, I suggest the Madness MaxPower Pro ECM tuner for $600. It's a bit more than some others, but it's a proven performer: I've thrown down a still unbeaten 4.3 sec 0-60 with one as part of a tuning suite, and a 13.1 1/4mi time with it in a run where I didn't even stay in the throttle the whole way, so I can do better yet.

The MPP is also very easy to install and remove, which is important for service visits. If it's just a routine visit, like an oil change, I just pop off the box, pop in the bypass plug to return it to stock operation, and tuck the end of the harness out of sight under the coolant reservoir. If need be, the whole harness can be removed in 15 minutes.

While perhaps not a performance mod, a Remus axleback exhaust ($626 from Alfa 9 Supply) really enhances the drive experience by adding some aural excitement, and I think it's the best value in a plug-n-play system which a local shop can swap on for you for $120 bucks or so.

Those are my top two mods based on my use experience, and from there I'd go to an intake mod. An $85 BMC drop-in filter replacement had a beneficial effect on engine response as I recall, but replacing or removing the airbox with one of the other systems from AFE, EuroCompulsion, BMS or Madness, for example, also adds the fun of the turbo whooshing and wheezing to the improved responsiveness.

Reactions: Pdejoy

·
Vendor
2,120 Posts
Are there any 'light' enhancements anyone has done to improve performance? I am certainly not complaining, but just looking to move the needle a little.....During the pandemic I find myself taking joy rides, etc...
JB4.

Question's? Let me know? Hands down the best piggyback

Depending on budget, Supersprint exhaust or Fiammenghi valved exhaust

BMC fitler.

Good tires
I like Michelin PS4's.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Id recommend going with a jb4 over a non CAN bus integrated piggyback because you will retain smooth as stock powerband as the manipulation signal can be tightly modified by rpm across the rev band so silky smooth shifts and power delivery around shifts. Heres just map 1 on jb4 in a non crazy negative density altitude..

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,602 Posts
Id recommend going with a jb4 over a non CAN bus integrated piggyback because you will retain smooth as stock powerband as the manipulation signal can be tightly modified by rpm across the rev band so silky smooth shifts and power delivery around shifts. Heres just map 1 on jb4 in a non crazy negative density altitude..

View attachment 99097
I believe the “non-crazy negative DA” comment was aimed at me, but let me remind you that while my 0-60 was done in such conditions, the 1/4mi I referenced was done at more than 2x the DA you had. Your trap speed was awesome, though, and I’m not saying I’d have beaten it on this run had I not lifted before the end, but it’s worth noting that the MaxPower Pro will plug in and go just as good as any map on JB4, but without any of the additional hassles or futzing which accompanies JB4. JB4 is kinda like a PC to Madness’ Apple; PC guys love to bitch and moan about how “simple” Apple is, but they work and are preferred by many.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chadster, you mind posting your MPP logs? 😂

I love having BMS’s app, code reader, and logging capability always on hand. Terry is also very present on the forum, Jb4 for the win!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I believe the “non-crazy negative DA” comment was aimed at me, but let me remind you that while my 0-60 was done in such conditions, the 1/4mi I referenced was done at more than 2x the DA you had. Your trap speed was awesome, though, and I’m not saying I’d have beaten it on this run had I not lifted before the end, but it’s worth noting that the MaxPower Pro will plug in and go just as good as any map on JB4, but without any of the additional hassles or futzing which accompanies JB4. JB4 is kinda like a PC to Madness’ Apple; PC guys love to bitch and moan about how “simple” Apple is, but they work and are preferred by many.

Not necessarily you just referencing i usually get my best times myself in those rare months we get negative 2000da days in south florida. I plan to run map 2 instead of map 1 on such a day next winter and hope for well into the 12s.

on my awd cars i will literally run within 5 hundreths and .5 of a mph of each other run to run and then go back in a different DA and do the same but for every 2000 da difference ill see around 3 tenths and 3mph difference

The mpp clearly works, just offering my advice. You can run the jb4 just like an mpp if you want. Get the basic jb4 with no connectivity for like 450 bucks or whatever it is and run map 1. Heck you dont even have to plug in the obd2 dongle to access the can bus. You want to plug into the can bus though. Otherwise youll not get smooth like stock shifts and power delivery. Thats the game changer imo and ive run a half dozen non can bus piggybacks from racechip on the giulia to chipwerke on audi to jb1 on c250. Its just a different ballpark imo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Id recommend going with a jb4 over a non CAN bus integrated piggyback because you will retain smooth as stock powerband as the manipulation signal can be tightly modified by rpm across the rev band so silky smooth shifts and power delivery around shifts.

View attachment 99097
Agree 100%. I started with a used Neuspeed power module on my Golf R, and while the HP was there, it was like a punch in the face and not linear at all. I hated it and sold it after a month. BMS only had their JB1 at the time. The 4 changed everything.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,602 Posts
Chadster, you mind posting your MPP logs? 😂

I love having BMS’s app, code reader, and logging capability always on hand. Terry is also very present on the forum, Jb4 for the win!
That’s the Windows kind of mentality I’m talking about with you JB4 guys; why is data logging a big deal if you’re not futzing with stuff, the product works, and you’ve got a credible supplier who doesn’t beta test on customers?

And before you crack yourself up too much, I’ll point out that Madness has been a forum supporting vendor for almost two years before Terry showed up, and has 5x the number of posts, even more if you count Eric’s “Madness eMac” account. I’m happy Terry is present and BMS developed JB4 for Giulia, but when it comes to supporting the forum, the Alfa community, and being present here, Madness is way out front of BMS.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That’s the Windows kind of mentality I’m talking about with you JB4 guys; why is data logging a big deal if you’re not futzing with stuff, the product works, and you’ve got a credible supplier who doesn’t beta test on customers?

And before you crack yourself up too much, I’ll point out that Madness has been a forum supporting vendor for almost two years before Terry showed up, and has 5x the number of posts, even more if you count Eric’s “Madness eMac” account. I’m happy Terry is present and BMS developed JB4 for Giulia, but when it comes to supporting the forum, the Alfa community, and being present here, Madness is way out front of BMS.
Fair enough, Madness is great, and I love my madness springs... Like a lot :)

But I completely disagree people aren't using their logs, and tweaking things for that said data. There are many posts with jb4 logs that provide usefull information for the future. Bh has already providing custom map 6 curves, and his times reflect it.

I'm coming for your lame ass 4.3s 0-60 poser 😅

1 - 20 of 24 Posts