Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our goal at MADNESS Autoworks is to offer our fellow Alfa Giulia enthusiast the

largest and most complete selection of aftermarket parts and accessories as we do for our fellow 4C enthusiasts.

We have developed a number of exhaust systems for a variety of vehicles from the FCA group

and we have done the same with the Giulia! We own our Giulia ourselves, use it for product

development, prototyping and testing so the majority of the product we offer we actually use first

and test!

One of the common things we have heard over and over again from other fellow Giulia enthusiast

is the desire for a better exhaust system. What we have done is develop several options for the

2.0L Giulia, which we have installed on a number of local vehicles, have helped us with

prototyping and development (including our own). After we achieved the sound, performance,

and fitment just right we have put them in production and now are available!

If your in Austin area and are involved in Alfa clubs or groups you may see (or hear) our exhaust on those vehicles as well!!

if you,re local, feel free to stop by and hear our car and drive it!

Check out the amazing exhaust options we have to offer below!

https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/start-shopping-cid1/performance-upgrades-cid3

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys,

Do you have any videos or sound samples, especially for Monza ang Giulia 2.0 ? I wish i could stop by but living in Europe... :)

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys,

Do you have any videos or sound samples, especially for Monza ang Giulia 2.0 ? I wish i could stop by but living in Europe... :)
Hey Garraty,

We do not have any videos yet. However, it also looks like I cant embed a video here either. If you would like to DM me your email I would be more than happy to go take one and send it to you!

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to touch base with my IT department to do this, and they said that we are currently working on a YouTube teaser video that should be out within the week. Once available I will provide the link so y'all can hear!

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Options from MADNESS

The purpose of this thread is to recap all the options we have available. One of the options we have for the 2.0L is the MADNESS line of exhaust systems which are all designed and built here in the United States.

We are very proud of these exhausts! They're built with T304 stainless steel, mandrel bent, custom cut flanges and TIG welded with a variety of interchangeable tips and options depending on the sound you are looking for!

If you're looking for a little more aggressive tone, here are the Monza options

http://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=giulia exhaust madness monza

If you're looking for a sound slightly more refined tone, here are your Lusso options

http://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=giulia exhaust madness lusso

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is all very nice, but I need to hear something.
no please share. Upload to youtube (make it unlisted if you wish) and link there
As promised here is a sound clip of our Alfa Romeo Giulia Performance Exhaust by MADNESS - Monza along with a review from a fellow Giulia owner!

This is one of more videos and images that we will be releasing in the coming week. :)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts

The purpose of this thread is to recap all the options we have available. One of the options we have for the 2.0L is the MADNESS line of exhaust systems which are all designed and built here in the United States.

We are very proud of these exhausts! They're built with T304 stainless steel, mandrel bent, custom cut flanges and TIG welded with a variety of interchangeable tips and options depending on the sound you are looking for!

If you're looking for a little more aggressive tone, here are the Monza options

http://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=giulia exhaust madness monza

If you're looking for a sound slightly more refined tone, here are your Lusso options

http://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=giulia exhaust madness lusso
Madness,

Can we expect an increase in power, an increase in fuel economy or a decrease in weight with your system? Will it fit the sport rear diffuser? I don't see anything on your website or this thread.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Can we expect an increase in power, an increase in fuel economy or a decrease in weight with your system? Will it fit the sport rear diffuser? I don't see anything on your website or this thread.

Hey there Lockem,

Great questions! Depending on your driving habits, if you're a more aggressive driver you will definitely see an increase in power but will suffer worse fuel economy and vise versa.

Yes, you should expect less weight with our exhausts. We are weighing them in the near future to get the exact numbers. I will post them here when they are available.

Also, we designed our exhausts to fit perfectly on both of the diffuser styles for the 2.0L.

Thank you for reaching out! Let us know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you can, I would love to hear your "Lusso" version as well vs OEM. Coming from an Abarth it's kind of nice having a reprieve from a loud exhaust but also nice to hear the Giulia's engine instead. However, the OEM exhaust is just too quiet on the non QV models.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you can, I would love to hear your "Lusso" version as well vs OEM. Coming from an Abarth it's kind of nice having a reprieve from a loud exhaust but also nice to hear the Giulia's engine instead. However, the OEM exhaust is just too quiet on the non QV models.
More videos are coming, including the Lusso! ;)

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I am loving the deep gurgle sound! Much better than OEM. how does it sound inside the cabin when cruising? I hope there is not a lot of that deep, low frequency tone. I am sure my ears would get exhausted after a long drive.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Putting headphones on i got the impression that it's a bit too deep/droney. Ofcouse it's hard to tell from a clip and more sound clips would be fantastic. Just a few revs from the outside generally don't tell the whole story.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
Hey there Lockem,

Great questions! Depending on your driving habits, if you're a more aggressive driver you will definitely see an increase in power but will suffer worse fuel economy and vise versa.

Yes, you should expect less weight with our exhausts. We are weighing them in the near future to get the exact numbers. I will post them here when they are available.

Also, we designed our exhausts to fit perfectly on both of the diffuser styles for the 2.0L.

Thank you for reaching out! Let us know if you have any other questions!
Thanks. When I asked about fuel economy I mean at a constant speed on the highway. Why can't you read my mind? :)

I will also be looking for higher performance/fuel economy intake/air filter, although an important constraint with that system is that it has equal or lower probability of hydro-locking the engine when I (accidentally) splash into a big puddle. I was taken by surprise this exceptionally wet year while driving on snow when my truck broke through to a puddle and sent a cascade of water over the hood and roof--several times (Luther Pass for you Northern Californians). I'm still not sure how the truck pushed water in front of it--bad aerodynamics? (at 30MPH??) The bottom of my truck's bumper is about 20" off the ground.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am loving the deep gurgle sound! Much better than OEM. how does it sound inside the cabin when cruising? I hope there is not a lot of that deep, low frequency tone. I am sure my ears would get exhausted after a long drive.

Hey ibehardnock2001! This will be included in our next video, we will be filming us talking in the cabin so you can have an idea of how great this exhaust sounds! Stay tuned, we have 2 more videos on the way!

Putting headphones on i got the impression that it's a bit too deep/droney. Ofcouse it's hard to tell from a clip and more sound clips would be fantastic. Just a few revs from the outside generally don't tell the whole story.

Neiltyme, You are correct, there are a ton of variables at play when listening through headphones.

Drone was a concern for us and is a very valid question! There are a variety of exhausts that we have tested on different vehicles and all exhibited a degree of drone. Which as you may know is annoying driving long distances (exhausting quite frankly). With the Giulia our concern was even higher because we didn't want to create a great exhaust on the outside but unpleasant in the inside of the vehicle.

We worked with a variety of different shapes, sizes and bends and are proud to say we have addressed the drone issue with our two exhaust lines!

If you're local, swing by the shop! We'd be more than happy to show you our Giulia!

Thanks. When I asked about fuel economy I mean at a constant speed on the highway. Why can't you read my mind? :)

I will also be looking for higher performance/fuel economy intake/air filter, although an important constraint with that system is that it has equal or lower probability of hydro-locking the engine when I (accidentally) splash into a big puddle. I was taken by surprise this exceptionally wet year while driving on snow when my truck broke through to a puddle and sent a cascade of water over the hood and roof--several times (Luther Pass for you Northern Californians). I'm still not sure how the truck pushed water in front of it--bad aerodynamics? (at 30MPH??) The bottom of my truck's bumper is about 20" off the ground.
As with most aftermarket exhaust the difference in mileage will be minimal. The difference in fuel mileage can be affected by so many things: outside pressure, elevation, tire pressure, how you are on the throttle etc.

Some folks may experience better fuel economy, other will suffer worse because they're driving the vehicle more aggressively because they enjoy the sound!

As for your filter question regarding hydro-locking, the factory intake is well developed in this aspect already. We would recommend a BMC filter for the time being,however, we are currently working on mods to the factory piping to achieve optimal performance!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts