Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bump,

On map 2 JB4 I’m seeing my peak boost at 25/26 on the app. I’ve seen it once hit 27. This seems to not be normal... also, how can I edit map 6? It doesn’t let me in the app.

I would hate to be leaving any power behind that I could add.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
863 Posts
Bump,

On map 2 JB4 I’m seeing my peak boost at 25/26 on the app. I’ve seen it once hit 27. This seems to not be normal... also, how can I edit map 6? It doesn’t let me in the app.

I would hate to be leaving any power behind that I could add.
Those are accurate. Roll into the throttle in 4th and you'll see 27-28. On launch in 1st and 2nd I see max of like 22-24 I think.

You edit map 6 in options.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Sport with trailer hitch
3,263 Posts
So I could theoretically make map 6 the strongest one? Like just put 30 psi of boost?
Youd get limp mode just doing 30 psi across the board. You have to get familiar with the turbos oost curve and request just over what it can make. Request any more than that and the car will think its underboosting and throw a code and limp

·
Registered
189 Posts
Youd get limp mode just doing 30 psi across the board. You have to get familiar with the turbos oost curve and request just over what it can make. Request any more than that and the car will think its underboosting and throw a code and limp
Ah, I see. I’ll probably end up sticking with map 2 for now. Definitely disappointed about E85 and map 3, and not knowledgeable enough to mess with map 6. I’m hoping they actually introduce the water/meth map and the mod itself. Would love to get 350-400 whp from the car if possible without upgrading the turbo (if even possible)

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
170 Posts
Ah, I see. I’ll probably end up sticking with map 2 for now. Definitely disappointed about E85 and map 3, and not knowledgeable enough to mess with map 6. I’m hoping they actually introduce the water/meth map and the mod itself. Would love to get 350-400 whp from the car if possible without upgrading the turbo (if even possible)
Map 2 is the best option to run. They also did a recent update to make it more consistent and reliable. Unfortunately, all the tuners pretty much maxed out the potential of the platform in it's current form. The only way to achieve the 400hp mark is to make a big turbo kit, but the cooling system is also a limiting factor. The intercooler is pretty much mounted internally and seems impossible to upgrade in any way. I doubt it has the cooling capacity to handle such a big power leap.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,778 Posts
Also if you try to get too much boost out of the turbo you run the risk of overspinning the turbine. If done in moderation that will just reduce the turbine life expectancy and overall engine efficiency. If done in the extreme the turbine can fly apart rather violently.

I could be wrong, but don't think the turbine has a tachometer, the RPM has to be inferred from other parameters.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Sport with trailer hitch
3,263 Posts
Map 2 is the best option to run. They also did a recent update to make it more consistent and reliable. Unfortunately, all the tuners pretty much maxed out the potential of the platform in it's current form. The only way to achieve the 400hp mark is to make a big turbo kit, but the cooling system is also a limiting factor. The intercooler is pretty much mounted internally and seems impossible to upgrade in any way. I doubt it has the cooling capacity to handle such a big power leap.
The stock cooling system is doing fine with hybrid turbo but for full frame big turbo sure it might need upgrade. This is very very simple and cheap to do adding another heat exchanger up front. The ic brick itself is usually the last thing youd touch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts