Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Now that my car is back from the shop and driving awesome, I can focus on more mundane less important areas of interest that have got my curiosity.....
When shopping for my Giulia, I was looking on many dealer sites trying to find my dream build. In looking dealer photos, I noticed that on some cars there was a "pocket net" on the passenger side under the console. I have seen it on "some" different model options, and others not, so can not figure out what's up with that?

My Ti Sport did not have one. Anybody know the rhyme or reason to having one on your car or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
That's where the wife and I keep our stuff in a plastic sandwich bag, man.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Hi All,
Now that my car is back from the shop and driving awesome, I can focus on more mundane less important areas of interest that have got my curiosity.....
When shopping for my Giulia, I was looking on many dealer sites trying to find my dream build. In looking dealer photos, I noticed that on some cars there was a "pocket net" on the passenger side under the console. I have seen it on "some" different model options, and others not, so can not figure out what's up with that?

My Ti Sport did not have one. Anybody know the rhyme or reason to having one on your car or not?
My MY2018 Q4 Ti Sport has it. It is very small (thin), but suitable for holding mail or perhaps more useful: plug in your AA or Carplay enabled phone and drop it in there.

I haven't gone around to see what cars do or do not have it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Seems very haphazard. One of those Alfa things... some got it, and some don't!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Cool. Seems very haphazard. One of those Alfa things... some got it, and some don't!
Are there other MY18s without it? Obviously they added it to the production spec at some point, but maybe they didn’t time it just right to appear on all MY18s, and missed some early ones. What’s your build date?

It’s funny to imagine why, of all things to add post-launch, they’d add this pocket! It must have been one very angry and important passenger to complain!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
July build, 2018 Ti.
Do not have it.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Mine is a Sept.'17 build and has the pocket.

So, are we narrowing down a possible window; looks like MY18s built in September 2017, maybe August 2017, will have it, and not before?

I wonder if it coincides with the Carplay/AndroidAuto readiness as well?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Sept 2017 build of a MY2018 Ti Q4 does have it.
I can confirm that it works pretty good with AA and my oversize Moto Z phone. Just be sure to get a short USB cord if you want to use the front center console USB port.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Mine is a Sept.'17 build and has the pocket.

So, are we narrowing down a possible window; looks like MY18s built in September 2017, maybe August 2017, will have it, and not before?

I wonder if it coincides with the Carplay/AndroidAuto readiness as well?

My July 2017 build, of a MY2018 Ti, does NOT have the net.
Don't get me started on the ACP-AA "readiness"
Sure, we were told that ALL MY18s would come with ACP-AA.
Then, we were told that it wasn't quite ready (many different reasons were floated) but that we would get the install "soon".
Now, we know that many 2018s that were delivered after (some date in) early January had the ACP-AA installed at (US) port.
So, the ability to install the software-firmware(?) is here, but not yet available for those of us that received our MY18s before 2018.
I love my Giulia, and am patiently waiting for ACP-AA.
:smile2:

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Okay, so since some July ‘17 builds have the net and some don’t, that practically closes the case...unless it emerges that Alfa didn’t consistently issue the feature.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can I ask how you guys are determining your car's build date? I'm picking up my new car on Wednesday but I have the window sticker and the VIN. Can I tell from the VIN?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Can I ask how you guys are determining your car's build date? I'm picking up my new car on Wednesday but I have the window sticker and the VIN. Can I tell from the VIN?
I don't know if there's a way to reference the VIN, but the build date is on the plate on the inside of the driver's side door frame.

Reactions: a2alfaguy
1 - 18 of 18 Posts