Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Giulia QV (Rosso Comp, Black/Red interior, Sparcos)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In many of my past cars when I go into reverse my passenger side mirror would tilt downward to help see the curb/parking lines.

This is a pretty common feature on a lot of German cars that I thought might be more commonplace these days but I don't think my QV will do this... just wondering if anyone else has experienced the contrary?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
In many of my past cars when I go into reverse my passenger side mirror would tilt downward to help see the curb/parking lines.

This is a pretty common feature on a lot of German cars that I thought might be more commonplace these days but I don't think my QV will do this... just wondering if anyone else has experienced the contrary?
I agree and unfortunately, this feature is absent on the 2017 Giulia. Who knows if they will add it later in future versions.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My Ti doesn't tilt. I even have the Static Driving package which has auto-darkening mirrors. I'd really like the auto tilt feature.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
I'm still not used to the mirrors unfolding when I start the car. I think I'm moving or something behind me is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree. Wish it had the downward tilt. I'd hate to scrape my 19 inch rims!

Reactions: exlondoner

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Augh. I did it on my OZs last fall. The 360 is a bit wider than the 348 and our carnivorous granite curbs chewed my front passenger rim. Luckily it was only a couple inch arc on the spun aluminum lip. I was able to grind and sand it smooth. Balanced fine and all you can see is the feather haze transition from the clear coat layer. You have to have your face near the wheel to see it.

From now on I pull in wide, back up using my passenger mirror. I used to angle it down by hand on the 348, but the 360s mirror is convex enough to see it. Rear visibility is crap, especially with the spider roll hoops.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I wish my Giulia had the downward tilting passenger mirror. I am ashamed to admit that I stuck on small round blind-spot mirrors which are super useful allow me to see the curb as well as vehicles oil my blind-spot. O'h I am getting so old, uncool, and decrepid...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
It is not in the "Setting" Section ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
It was listed as a feature in some of the online reviews. However it wasn't true or didn't make it to the production model. In another thread here, some people theorized it just wasn't necessary since there was a backup camera. A less than elegant work around: program seat memory 1 the way you like it. Then program seat memory 2 without changing anything but the mirror you would like tipped down (left, right or both. When you reverse push seat memory 2. Yeah I know not cool for a $50k to $86+ k vehicle. Maube addressed in a future software update? My '14 Acura TL had this feature AND a 6 spd manual transmission, come to think of it! The TL was fun to drive but not as much as my new Ti in RC paint!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I wish my Giulia had the downward tilting passenger mirror. I am ashamed to admit that I stuck on small round blind-spot mirrors which are super useful allow me to see the curb as well as vehicles oil my blind-spot. O'h I am getting so old, uncool, and decrepid...
I've been thinking about doing this as well. I like my big ugly work truck because I can see everything, including my rear tires. But speaking of what looks cool... scraped wheels do not look cool.

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
41 Posts
This feature was on the 159 but definitely does not appear to be available on my Veloce. It is disappointing as it is a very useful feature.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
This feature was on the 159 but definitely does not appear to be available on my Veloce. It is disappointing as it is a very useful feature.
And it should be software-only. All the hardware is already in place. Maybe we'll start hearing about "hacked Alfas" as the cars are around longer and people start tinkering with them.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Using 2nd memory seat position

As was previously stated....keeping all settings the same and just tilting mirror(s) down as per desired position, and storing that in Memory Seat # 2 is an elegant way of resolving this....Personally, I'm not a big fan of the tilt down mirror ....with all the sensors and the camera I think it's unnecessary...If I think a wheel is close, I stop and tilt down the mirror...no biggie...I prefer to know where LARGE OBJECTS are and keeping my side view mirror tilted down limits my view....JMHO....D

Reactions: tadslc

·
Registered
47 Posts
In my Audi A5 the mirror tilts when you put the car into Reverse AND the mirror knob is turned right as if to set the right-hand mirror. If it's in its centre or left position, the mirror does not tilt. Doesn't it work that way in the Giulia?
Sadly I still have 7 long weeks of waiting before I can check it myself...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Interesting...I will check that out.....My Volvo does the same...

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
In my Audi A5 the mirror tilts when you put the car into Reverse AND the mirror knob is turned right as if to set the right-hand mirror. If it's in its centre or left position, the mirror does not tilt. Doesn't it work that way in the Giulia?
Sadly I still have 7 long weeks of waiting before I can check it myself...
Unfortunately that does not work and there is nothing on the manual that states any procedure to enable this. Its just flat out missing on this car.

As another poster stated, the work-around is to have the memory seating position reserved for the right side tilt mirror if you really need it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Tried rotating mirror knob

Tried rotating the mirror knob on the door but alas....nothing....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Use the memory option myself for those times id want to have that feature. It's a wonderful solution as I normally don't want it to tilt. I already nicked up one of my rims very slightly against a curb so now I always back in.... I'm not above the assist if it means less damage

·
Registered
'19 Giulia QV (Rosso Comp, Black/Red interior, Sparcos)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Use the memory option myself for those times id want to have that feature. It's a wonderful solution as I normally don't want it to tilt. I already nicked up one of my rims very slightly against a curb so now I always back in.... I'm not above the assist if it means less damage
I always back in for this reason. Is the park assist sufficient enough to detect proximity to a curb? Too scared to risk it

·
Registered
41 Posts
As was previously stated....keeping all settings the same and just tilting mirror(s) down as per desired position, and storing that in Memory Seat # 2 is an elegant way of resolving this....Personally, I'm not a big fan of the tilt down mirror ....with all the sensors and the camera I think it's unnecessary...If I think a wheel is close, I stop and tilt down the mirror...no biggie...I prefer to know where LARGE OBJECTS are and keeping my side view mirror tilted down limits my view....JMHO....D
I've set this up and it works very well. Just need to remember to change from memory setting 2 when moving off :smile2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts