Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was walking back to the car after work and i double pressed the remote start button on the keyfob... twice. When i got to the car, the side-view mirrors were in the drive position, and the radio was on, yet the engine was off. Kinda baffled. Anyone have such an experience?

I really hope the car wasnt unlocked and the radio on for the hour i was away from the car. ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don’t have the radio on with start up. But did you hear any beeps? Like it tried to remote start gut only got the horn and the flashes? I didn’t think if the FOB left the car and the radio was on it wouldn’t shut down after a few minutes and would stay on without the engine going or the FOB near by

I did have a remote start issue where it would turn the auxiliary stuff on just not the engine

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fob was on me. I didnt hear any beeps(was inside a building a ways away) or saw any lights. When i tried remote starting near the car it worked. im still not sure how the radio would have come on tho. Hmm

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Honestly. That would concern me to. See if you can actually leave the radio on and engine off without locking the doors to see if it happens again. That way you can be certain what the issue is. When I turn the engine off the radio goes off automatically. I would. Have to hit start again for it to come back on. I have mine set not to come on with engine Ararat so I couldn’t replicate.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That happened to me too a couple times. I believe it tries cranking for about a second and if it fails, it gives up and doesn't try again.
The other thousand times it started successfully so I'm not concerned.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:
So i tried it this morning. Double pressed remote-start, and the car started up just fine. Then i double-pressed the remote-start button again(as i had done yesterday), and the state of the car was: engine off, mirrors 'open', and radio on.

Considering it is reproducible, i assume it is expected behavior. If someone else could confirm it, it would be cool.

Cheers

·
Registered
443 Posts
Update:
So i tried it this morning. Double pressed remote-start, and the car started up just fine. Then i double-pressed the remote-start button again(as i had done yesterday), and the state of the car was: engine off, mirrors 'open', and radio on.

Considering it is reproducible, i assume it is expected behavior. If someone else could confirm it, it would be cool.

Cheers
I'll try it out this afternoon.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Confirmed!

Two taps - full start
Two additional - engine shutoff, accessory mode active

I bet that accessory mode turns off automatically after a few minutes but I didn't wait to check.
I'll test mine later but my guess is it will time out as per the power off timer in the settings.

I'm also curious as to if it stays locked... I'm sure it does

1 - 11 of 11 Posts