Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a setting or not but when driving the car into my garage my front sensor will turn on (as expected) and then I put it in park and it shuts off. Now when I go to start the car again, the parking sensor turns on and won't turn off even though I'm sitting there in park letting the car warm up. This same thing happens when I park with a curb in front. Do others experience this and is there a way to shut it off without completely turning off the sensors with the button on the left?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, you can shut off the sound and just make it a visual warning if you don't want to turn the sensors off completely. I have the same issue in my garage.

Indication On Display
The driver can select the type of
warning they would like to be displayed
through the Information and
Entertainment System. To access the
function on the main menu, select in the
following order:
1. “Settings”
2. “Driver assistance”
3. “ParkSense”
4. “Mode”
5. “Sound-Display”

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,091 Posts
Doesn't the button on the end of the left stalk also control the front sensors?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you can shut off the sound and just make it a visual warning if you don't want to turn the sensors off completely. I have the same issue in my garage.

Indication On Display
following order:
1. “Settings”
2. “Driver assistance”
3. “ParkSense”
4. “Mode”
5. “Sound-Display”
Thanks for the thorough response. That's unfortunate that the sensors can't be muted while in park. I definitely want them on but not when I first start the car... Oh well, I'll blame it on Italian quirks :)

·
Super Moderator
1,091 Posts
Thanks for the thorough response. That's unfortunate that the sensors can't be muted while in park. I definitely want them on but not when I first start the car... Oh well, I'll blame it on Italian quirks :)
This is true. Even more odd is using the auto-start while parked in a garage. When approaching the vehicle the distinct whine of the Park-Sense can be heard.

When the car is started and the car is in "park", why is the system active?

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is true. Even more odd is using the auto-start while parked in a garage. When approaching the vehicle the distinct whine of the Park-Sense can be heard.

When the car is started and the car is in "park", why is the system active?
LOL! Yeah, I've done that, too. Even if the car is in a parking lot and I auto start, you can hear the sensors beeping when you approach the car - either from being to close to another car or from me walking by the bumper.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm glad someone else noticed this as well. There is no reason why the sound should be active when the car is in park. The strange thing is that sometimes when you shift into park, the sound will stop, but I can't get the car to consistently turn it off. I don't want to disable the sound altogether because it is a useful safety feature.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Indication On Display
following order:
1. “Settings”
2. “Driver assistance”
3. “ParkSense”
4. “Mode”
5. “Sound-Display”
I'm glad someone else noticed this as well. There is no reason why the sound should be active when the car is in park. The strange thing is that sometimes when you shift into park, the sound will stop, but I can't get the car to consistently turn it off. I don't want to disable the sound altogether because it is a useful safety feature.
I have the exact same experience. Seems like a bug in the software.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If it did not stay on in park is there more chance that the driver would put it in gear and hit something before recognizing the alarm?

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
170 Posts
Would appreciate some experience on the front parking sensors. Do they activate at low speeds in drive? I drove a Volvo S80 which would light off going through "traffic calming" curbing. Maddening. The BMW fronts don't come on at all without manual intervention while in drive. Staying on in park doesn't seem to make sense.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My car doesn't exhibit this behavior.

When I put the car in park (and the parking brake automatically engages) the beeping stops. It only starts back when I release the brake and put the car in R or D.

I am up to date on all software updates.

·
Banned
264 Posts
My car doesn't exhibit this behavior.

When I put the car in park (and the parking brake automatically engages) the beeping stops. It only starts back when I release the brake and put the car in R or D.

I am up to date on all software updates.
if you dont have the parking brake set to auto, it will exhibit this behavior...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would appreciate some experience on the front parking sensors. Do they activate at low speeds in drive? I drove a Volvo S80 which would light off going through "traffic calming" curbing. Maddening. The BMW fronts don't come on at all without manual intervention while in drive. Staying on in park doesn't seem to make sense.
I haven't had an issue with this. I go over traffic calming speed bumps quite often and it's never gone off.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
I am already anticipating: RRT 17-085 TURN OFF ANNOYING PARKSENSE BEEPING WHEN CAR IS IN PARK.

Reactions: AlfaLonghorn

·
Registered
1 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but in my car when following the menu:

1. “Settings”
2. “Driver assistance”
3. “ParkSense”
4. “Mode”
5. “Sound-Display”

The options are Sound Only or Sound & Display. I cannot find any way to set the system to Dispay only. This has become especially vexing as I just paid good money to have the more stylish license plate bracket that bolts to the car installed (as oposed to the one that screws into the bumper), and now the front park assist pretty much runs constantly unless I manually disable it each time I start the car. I will have the dealer try to re-position the plate, but why can't I just turn the beeping sound off for good?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but in my car when following the menu:

1. “Settings”
2. “Driver assistance”
3. “ParkSense”
4. “Mode”
5. “Sound-Display”

The options are Sound Only or Sound & Display. I cannot find any way to set the system to Dispay only. This has become especially vexing as I just paid good money to have the more stylish license plate bracket that bolts to the car installed (as oposed to the one that screws into the bumper), and now the front park assist pretty much runs constantly unless I manually disable it each time I start the car. I will have the dealer try to re-position the plate, but why can't I just turn the beeping sound off for good?
Some of the plate brackets can be positioned in multiple ways to avoid setting off the sensors. I hope this can be done for yours, otherwise I hope you can return it for one that can be positioned to not set the front sensors off.

Unfortunately those are the only choices provided. But I would like our front sensors properly working, not interfered by the license plate/mounting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.