Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post some of the differences. See if you can add some more?

1. Quadrifoglio has headlamp washers - The Q4 does not

Front fascias are different as a result of the above though retain the same overall shape minus...

2. Quad has the active aero front splitter which is roughly 3/4 of the entire width of the front fascia - Q4 = no option for active aero (there is a smallish charcoal plastic insert below the triangle area only

3. Brakes - huge difference - the Quad brake rotors are least one inch larger front and rear. Rough guesstimate is that the Quad calipers cover at least 50% more swept area. They are HUGE compared to the Q4 sedan.

4. Quad has the carbon fiber rear decklid spoiler - The Q4 has no decklid spoiler at all

5. The hoods (bonnet for you Brits) are different. The Quad is carbon fiber. The Q4 is aluminum? Steel?

6. Quad hood is ventilated. Q4 hood is not ventilated.

7. Front quarter panels of the Quad are ventilated. The Q4 quarter panels are not ventilated. The cloverleaf is only present on the Quad.

8. Quad has a quad-tipped exhaust. The Q4 is is a dual tip exhaust (one per side) Overall diameter of the tips appears to be the same though the Quad has 4.

9. The front wheel well liners of the Quad are ventilated for brake and engine cooling. The Q4 liners are not vented.

10. Quad rear seat only has 2 headrests and no capability to fold down the rear seats. Q4 has rear seat occupancy for 3 and 3 rear headrests along with fold-down rear seats to extend cargo capacity

11. Quad has a Carbon Fiber roof. Q4's have optional sunroof and the roof is metal for the base models (sunroof or no sunroof).

12. Interior trim can be a wood grain for the Q4. Don't think this is available in the Quad?

13. Quad has a tire inflation kit in the trunk rear tire area. Q4 has runflats and no inflation kit.

What else? There is a large list I'm sure...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thought I'd post some of the differences. See if you can add some more?

1. Quadrifoglio has headlamp washers - The Q4 does not

Front fascias are different as a result of the above though retain the same overall shape minus...

2. Quad has the active aero front splitter which is roughly 3/4 of the entire width of the front fascia - Q4 = no option for active aero (there is a smallish charcoal plastic insert below the triangle area only

3. Brakes - huge difference - the Quad brake rotors are least one inch larger front and rear. Rough guesstimate is that the Quad calipers cover at least 50% more swept area. They are HUGE compared to the Q4 sedan.

4. Quad has the carbon fiber rear decklid spoiler - The Q4 has no decklid spoiler at all

5. The hoods (bonnet for you Brits) are different. The Quad is carbon fiber. The Q4 is aluminum? Steel?

6. Quad hood is ventilated. Q4 hood is not ventilated.

7. Front quarter panels of the Quad are ventilated. The Q4 quarter panels are not ventilated. The cloverleaf is only present on the Quad.

8. Quad has a quad-tipped exhaust. The Q4 is is a dual tip exhaust (one per side) Overall diameter of the tips appears to be the same though the Quad has 4.

9. The front wheel well liners of the Quad are ventilated for brake and engine cooling. The Q4 liners are not vented.

10. Quad rear seat only has 2 headrests and no capability to fold down the rear seats. Q4 has rear seat occupancy for 3 and 3 rear headrests along with fold-down rear seats to extend cargo capacity

11. Quad has a Carbon Fiber roof. Q4's have optional sunroof and the roof is metal for the base models (sunroof or no sunroof).

12. Interior trim can be a wood grain for the Q4. Don't think this is available in the Quad?

13. Quad has a tire inflation kit in the trunk rear tire area. Q4 has runflats and no inflation kit.

What else? There is a large list I'm sure...
The Quad has a bit smaller trunk due to the rear tire width. Quad has the torque vectoring rear diff, performance pkg/awd have a mechanical lsd. Wood trim not available on Quad, but race mode only available on Quad. I'll have to verify tomorrow but I believe hood and roof are aluminum, on non QV's, only the carbon fiber drive shaft is retained across the lineup. Quad has a wee bit more horsepower.

Side note I'll probably print this tomorrow and give it to the other sales guys, might cut back on the number of questions I get a day lol. Extremely detail oriented comparison.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Quad has a bit smaller trunk due to the rear tire width. Quad has the torque vectoring rear diff, performance pkg/awd have a mechanical lsd. Wood trim not available on Quad, but race mode only available on Quad. I'll have to verify tomorrow but I believe hood and roof are aluminum, on non QV's, only the carbon fiber drive shaft is retained across the lineup. Quad has a wee bit more horsepower.

Side note I'll probably print this tomorrow and give it to the other sales guys, might cut back on the number of questions I get a day lol. Extremely detail oriented comparison.
That's funny that you mention it as a sales training tool. Between my sales guy and myself, this was a good time going through the differences. Everyone else was listening to us as we geeked out. Should have recorded it!

Interesting on the Carbon Fiber driveshaft being across the entire bandwidth of the models. Would have though the lesser powered cars would have the traditional tubular steel units.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's funny that you mention it as a sales training tool. Between my sales guy and myself, this was a good time going through the differences. Everyone else was listening to us as we geeked out. Should have recorded it!

Interesting on the Carbon Fiber driveshaft being across the entire bandwidth of the models. Would have though the lesser powered cars would have the traditional tubular steel units.

Enjoy!
Ha I can see that. At this point in time I handle the bulk of AR business and stay heavily involved as a manager for other sales consultants at the store. Go to on technical fiat deals and I'll have Maserati in a few months so I'm starting to ramp up my research in that area. It has been nice though because now that the cars are here everyone is 10x more eager to learn.

-Today a couple came in asked for a sales person who was (though almost done) with a customer, we started talking about the Giulia, many videos and a couple hours later the customers left being pretty well set on a QV. Went to my coworker after and said hey that was your customer, he's in on a QV, will try to find him one tomorrow, deal is all yours. They were really cool and both car people so it was really just hanging out for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts