Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that has inadvertently hit the park button while reaching over it only to get momentarily stuck at a light? It has happened a few times now. I have my iPhone on a vent mount right below the infotainment screen and whenever I reach over for the phone or to the HVAC controls, the bottom of my arm grazes the park button. I don't realize the car is in park until the traffic light turns green and I try to move. Kind of embarrassing because the car behind me thinks I have stalled or my Alfa has broken down...

First world problem, I know, but still annoying...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
No, but I do often inadvertently press the rotary pad when reaching for beverages.

Reactions: tadslc

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
202 Posts
Found out by accident that you don't really even have to put it in park when stopping for good. When you hit the Start button to kill the engine, it automatically goes to park. Saves a little time each stop.

·
Registered
576 Posts
User error.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
190 Posts
Am I the only one that has inadvertently hit the park button while reaching over it only to get momentarily stuck at a light? It has happened a few times now. I have my iPhone on a vent mount right below the infotainment screen and whenever I reach over for the phone or to the HVAC controls, the bottom of my arm grazes the park button. I don't realize the car is in park until the traffic light turns green and I try to move. Kind of embarrassing because the car behind me thinks I have stalled or my Alfa has broken down...

First world problem, I know, but still annoying...

I definitely did something similar when I first got the car. Can’t remember the exact scenario, but found myself in Park when I shouldn’t have been, due to accidentally hitting the park button on the shifter.

It’s a fairly poor design, in my opinion (and this is one of those items where I’m sure everyone has a different opinion). I used to rest my hand on the shifter in my previous car, and I do like using it for changing gears in manual mode (I know I could use the paddle shifters and there are lots of great arguments for using the paddles: both hands stay on the wheel etc, but I’m a creature of habit coming from 16 years of manual transmissions; fwiw, I agree with most, if not all, of the arguments in favor of paddles, it’s just not natural for me).

That all being said, you quickly learn to avoid touching the shifter at the top after it happens the first time. I’m cognizant of the Park button whenever my hand is anywhere close to the shifter.

Wish it wasn’t that way, but can’t change it, and the rest of the car more than makes up for it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts