Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to manipulate the park assist buzzers?? I love the chimes that tell me when I am getting close to something, but when I pull into my garage and park tight up against something, even when I put the car in Park, the buzzers keep going off. Shouldn't they turn off when I put the car in Park? Also, when I autostart it in the morning, I go out to the car and the buzzers are going off because of my proximity to the garage wall. LOVE my car, but other cars don't chime at you while in Park. Help please if you have info to stop this!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't know if it is possible to turn off the tone. However, you can turn the volume down (Hi, Med, Low).
With ignition on and infotainment screen on.

..... press Menu
..... dial to Settings, push
..... Driver Assistance, push
..... ParkSense, push
..... Volume, push for low, med, high

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Reactions: Jason McInnis

·
Registered
869 Posts
In the garage push the button on the left near the Auto Stop/Start. I can understand why they sound in park it lets you know what is going on around the car before you put it into gear. State of Awareness thing. Its just annoying that it'll sound for forever....I'd limit it to the first and last 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
526 Posts
On my car this buzzer will stop if put in park IF the alarm is intermittent. If it is a constant tone, it will not quit when put in park.

·
Registered
735 Posts
We just picked my wife's up last night. It was relatively cold this morning so I remote started it. When I was getting in I noticed the rear warning sound and screen but it disappeared quite quickly/almost immediately. Sounds like some kind of strange bug.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Could have been your wife/dog/stray cat running in front of the car. Or if you have put the Tow Hook License Plate you can get reflections.

It's quite sensitive.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't know if it is possible to turn off the tone. However, you can turn the volume down (Hi, Med, Low).
With ignition on and infotainment screen on.

..... press Menu
..... dial to Settings, push
..... Driver Assistance, push
..... ParkSense, push
..... Volume, push for low, med, high
Correction: You can turn off the ParkSense tone. Push the button at the upper left of the head light
dial, just above the start/stop button.

For lots of good Giulia YouTube video info see this thread. Great for new owners or those who don't RTFM.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/754-giulia-how-diy/3866-official-giulia-how-videos.html

Or see here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUAdsVegPO6ja2tfA_o4R1VsqpId4qRZ2

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Does anyone know how to manipulate the park assist buzzers?? I love the chimes that tell me when I am getting close to something, but when I pull into my garage and park tight up against something, even when I put the car in Park, the buzzers keep going off. Shouldn't they turn off when I put the car in Park? Also, when I autostart it in the morning, I go out to the car and the buzzers are going off because of my proximity to the garage wall. LOVE my car, but other cars don't chime at you while in Park. Help please if you have info to stop this!
Please see my new post above.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Could have been your wife/dog/stray cat running in front of the car. Or if you have put the Tow Hook License Plate you can get reflections.

It's quite sensitive.

I wasn’t seeing responses to my posts for a while because I didn’t set the forum settings to follow a thread when I post....

We have too many cars and it was parked very near another one. But strange it stopped very soon (maybe 2-3 seconds because I caught a glimpse of the display indicator), after I opened the door, since others are complaining it continues....

·
Registered
735 Posts

Wonder if there’s a way to link the P indicator to the Parking sensor disable button....

Will try to sort this out when I get the techauthority subscription...

·
Registered
26 Posts
A section of our Main Street utilizes diagonal parking, rather than parallel parking. I see cars pulling up to the curb all the time scraping their bumpers on the curb since the cars are so low. Will the park assist feature on the Giulia warn that you are about to scrape the curb?

·
Registered
256 Posts
A section of our Main Street utilizes diagonal parking, rather than parallel parking. I see cars pulling up to the curb all the time scraping their bumpers on the curb since the cars are so low. Will the park assist feature on the Giulia warn that you are about to scrape the curb?
Yes, it warns me everyday at work. :smile2:

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes, it warns me everyday at work.
That’s not the experience I’ve had (and others here). Unless the curb is exceptionally high the sensors don’t pick it up. My estimate is that the obstacle has to be a solid 8+ inches high to be detected.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That’s not the experience I’ve had (and others here). Unless the curb is exceptionally high the sensors don’t pick it up. My estimate is that the obstacle has to be a solid 8+ inches high to be detected.
Not sure how high the curb is, but I do know that if I ignore the warning and keep pulling forward, my bumper scrapers. Unfortunately I learned that from experience. :mad:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Warns me, just today I was driving up to an ATM machine and it let me know I was close

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wonder if there’s a way to link the P indicator to the Parking sensor disable button....

Will try to sort this out when I get the techauthority subscription...
If there was a way to link "Park" to the disable button, that would be fantastic. Thanks for looking into this if you can jzchen.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts