Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all with the panoramic sunroof. Are you also suffering with this first world problem? Here in Vegas it's already hit 90-degrees and sunny so I like to keep the rear roof shade closed. But when braking hard, it will slide open part way. Since it is manually operated I can't close it again until I park the car and get in the back. Anyone else notice this happening?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
OMG, that would be annoying AF.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
My never slides open. Make sure you are closing it correctly.

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
I never had an issue with mine.

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
65 Posts
We have mostly gray sky here so mine is always open..so I don't know if mine slides open or not,,,,.but if Alfa would make it move with a button I'd be happy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You learn something every day - I didn't even know it had a sunshade until your post made me go out and look. i did not see or feel any obvious clips but there is a slight detent when it closes.

It may not be elegant, but I might try wedging a piece of foam rubber under the rear lip to add a little friction... or between the shade and the glass.

The other option might be a sawed-off broom handle to push it closed from the seat (hey, if it was good enough for Chuck Yeager...).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You learn something every day - I didn't even know it had a sunshade until your post made me go out and look. i did not see or feel any obvious clips but there is a slight detent when it closes.

It may not be elegant, but I might try wedging a piece of foam rubber under the rear lip to add a little friction... or between the shade and the glass.

The other option might be a sawed-off broom handle to push it closed from the seat (hey, if it was good enough for Chuck Yeager...).
LOL! Yeah, I hear it make the click sound, although I know it doesn't "lock" into place. I have leaned the driver's seat all the way back to open it before, so I guess I could do the same to close it.

That, or strop driving it like it's an Alfa, then I wouldn't need to brake hard on occasion. Um, nope! That's not the answer!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts