Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find that it is very easy to accidentally press the panic button on the key fob?

I've already done it 3 times in the 2 weeks I've owned the QV. I found an Alfa Romeo key fob leather cover online but it's form fitting and still allows the buttons to be pressed which I don't think will help.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,120 Posts
Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There is a thread on this forum explaining a step-by-step guide of how to circumvent this issue.
Glad it's not me.

EDIT, found the links. Going to try and smooth the nub so it's not as sensitive

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried to diy alter the sensitivity of the panic button as per instructions on the forum but don't know if I was successful. Doesn't seem any less sensitive. Didn't want to completely remove the panic button and don't think I filled away enough of the green nub.

Not going to try again as it took me 2 hours to do

·
Registered
402 Posts
The keyfob in general is a disappointment (too big/clunky IMO). I'd be bearable if the panic button didn't go off all the freaking time. .

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Never had an issue, ditch the tight pants.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Anyone else find that it is very easy to accidentally press the panic button on the key fob?

I've already done it 3 times in the 2 weeks I've owned the QV. I found an Alfa Romeo key fob leather cover online but it's form fitting and still allows the buttons to be pressed which I don't think will help.

Anyone else experience this?
Yup. All I did was bend over with the key in my pocket.
The trunk popped open once while I was washing the window.
The engine started itself once too.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this, especially since I have the red interior stitching

Cover for Alfa Romeo Giulia 2017 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Leather Holster Car Key Bag Key Case 5 Button (Red, 3S) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFW2M2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uarhBb2YHDPW2
I picked up one with the fob cover that looks the same, just the added strap was a bit different. Got it off e*** auction site. Not as expensive and it did take about two weeks to get it, but I am happy with it.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I picked up one with the fob cover that looks the same, just the added strap was a bit different. Got it off e*** auction site. Not as expensive and it did take about two weeks to get it, but I am happy with it.
Does it make the buttons harder to activate?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yup. All I did was bend over with the key in my pocket.
The trunk popped open once while I was washing the window.
The engine started itself once too.
Yeah, I had a remote start once or twice. Somewhat alarming as the car was in the garage, and I cannot hear it from inside the house (due to location/architecture). So it ran until the pre-set timer turned it back off, apparently. I'm not sure how long that is, but I hope that it is not long enough to build up so much CO that it would be hazardous! I can imagine stepping into my garage and not making it three steps....

Also came out to find my trunk open too. As I never use the buttons, I'm thinking of just 3D printing a cover for the entire FOB face.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm thinking about getting this, especially since I have the red interior stitching

Cover for Alfa Romeo Giulia 2017 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Leather Holster Car Key Bag Key Case 5 Button (Red, 3S) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFW2M2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uarhBb2YHDPW2
Does it make it harder to press each button?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah if the cover makes it harder to press the button, I'm getting one too. We don't have the remote start or panic button here in Aus. But we do have the long hold open button - all windows down. I was at a friend's place the other day and somehow must have pushed and held the button down with the key in my jacket. When I came out, all the windows were down with the car on the street!

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is definitely a design problem - too many issues reported here and not just with tight jeans. I personally had the panic button go off 5 times and the remote start once (in the garage similar to above). I finally did the panic button mod on one of my keys which I normally use. I wish AR would redesign it and also make it smaller. Porsche just did this, taking a smallish key and making it even slimmer with their 2018s going into 2019 models.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is definitely a design problem - too many issues reported here and not just with tight jeans. I personally had the panic button go off 5 times and the remote start once (in the garage similar to above). I finally did the panic button mod on one of my keys which I normally use. I wish AR would redesign it and also make it smaller. Porsche just did this, taking a smallish key and making it even slimmer with their 2018s going into 2019 models.
Did you file it down or remove the button completely?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yeah if the cover makes it harder to press the button, I'm getting one too. We don't have the remote start or panic button here in Aus. But we do have the long hold open button - all windows down. I was at a friend's place the other day and somehow must have pushed and held the button down with the key in my jacket. When I came out, all the windows were down with the car on the street!
When we first got our 17 Ti, I tried that. Held the button at least five seconds, maybe longer. How long does it actually take?

My wife's Fiat 500C: Hold the unlock button and open the top :smile2:
My AR 4C: Hold the unlock button and open the windows :smile2:
Our Giulia: Hold the unlock button and nothing :frown2:

·
Registered
204 Posts
When we first got our 17 Ti, I tried that. Held the button at least five seconds, maybe longer. How long does it actually take?

My wife's Fiat 500C: Hold the unlock button and open the top :smile2:
My AR 4C: Hold the unlock button and open the windows :smile2:
Our Giulia: Hold the unlock button and nothing :frown2:
Not long, the windows start rolling down within about 4-5 seconds of holding the open button. Similarly holding the lock button for about 4-5 seconds starts the rolling up. My Audi did the same but the sunroof opened as well. With my Giulia the sunroof stays closed (whether the internal shade is open or close).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts