Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Any existing owners know whether any areas of the QV are prone to damage and would benefit from the application of protective strips such as Lamin-x?

My previous car was very prone to the leading edge of the rear wheel arches getting sandblasted and was wondering the QV has any similar areas that would benefit from protection.

TIA

Jon

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I went ahead and had a clear bra put on which covers the front, hood, fenders, mirrors and door handle cups. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi All,

Any existing owners know whether any areas of the QV are prone to damage and would benefit from the application of protective strips such as Lamin-x?

My previous car was very prone to the leading edge of the rear wheel arches getting sandblasted and was wondering the QV has any similar areas that would benefit from protection.

TIA

Jon
I had xpel applied recently. Other than the front end, mirrors, etc, the installer applied it to the rocker panels, the areas just behind the rear wheels where rocks can get spit out, and a strip over top of the rear bumper which is prone to scratching from luggage being out in/taken out of the trunk.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I got clear bra on the front bumper, head lights, side mirrors, hood, top of the rear bumper and side skirts. I also got the rear door steps in clear bra since its unprotected. Make sure on the side skirts that you wrap the film around the front bend which is prone to chipping from rocks.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I also had all the vulnerable to chips areas covered in film, including a one piece front. The installer did a fabulous job wrapping my Giulia, I'm sure the mark of the real top notch installers is how they deal with the complex areas and edges. I had it done immediately after talking delivery of my Giulia and am really glad I did. More than 5,000 mainly highway miles and zero chips I can find, there are a couple of places where the surface of the film is marked but it's doing a great job protecting the paint.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Once I get my To Sport U am going to have paint protection installed right after I pick it up.. I have picked out the shop already and one thing that I found interesting is that they will install the film first and then spray the whole car with Opti Coat Pro +

Any body have theirs done this way?

Reactions: Speeddoc

·
Registered
619 Posts
I also had all the vulnerable to chips areas covered in film, including a one piece front. The installer did a fabulous job wrapping my Giulia, I'm sure the mark of the real top notch installers is how they deal with the complex areas and edges. I had it done immediately after talking delivery of my Giulia and am really glad I did. More than 5,000 mainly highway miles and zero chips I can find, there are a couple of places where the surface of the film is marked but it's doing a great job protecting the paint.
did you choose suntek or expel?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Do all of these parts including the bumper. They can use heat too so don't worry about contours. I think doing the door sills is a good idea. Definitely do the wheel well arches and side skirts behind the wheels. With the sticky tires and the carbon blades that stick out, they are going to get stone chipped. I even used clear plasti-dip on the wells of my 348 because a didn't think think to have the xpel applied there like on the bumper and mirrors.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Once I get my To Sport U am going to have paint protection installed right after I pick it up.. I have picked out the shop already and one thing that I found interesting is that they will install the film first and then spray the whole car with Opti Coat Pro +

yes it should be done this way. once you car is ceramic coated it hard for the clear bra to adhere to the paint surface(that the purpose of the ceramic coating so nothing sticks to paint) so car bra first then ceramic coating. :nerd:

·
Registered
573 Posts

yes it should be done this way. once you car is ceramic coated it hard for the clear bra to adhere to the paint surface(that the purpose of the ceramic coating so nothing sticks to paint) so car bra first then ceramic coating.
Thank you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Which product did you use for the one-piece front bumper coverage?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts