Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, need help on what to do.

I have had my Quad now for almost 3 months. Awesome car with no issues. This weekend, as it is now a routine, I washed it. Then, as it was really hot, I backed it up into the garage to clean wheels and tires. So, I was sitting on floor cleaning the rear passenger side wheel, when I noticed a something in the paint, rear passenger door. At first I thought I missed a spot. Got a rag and tried to clean it. It did not come off. I then thought, residue from the shipping cover. It took me a month to get that crap off. However, than was not it either. So, I tried a cleaner wax thinking it was swirls in the paint. That did not work either. What I now think it is almost like paint overspray. I hope you can see it in picture. I must add that it is almost impossible to notice unless the angle and light is just right. I did look all over the car and indeed there is another spot on the passenger side front door by the window. The car is painted with red tri-coat competion paint. Has anyone encouter this, cant be the only one.

So, do I ignore it? Since it is so hard to see. Is there something else that can be done? Contact the dealer? Not sure I would want door re-paint it and risk not matching the rest of the car

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
does it have a different feel to it? Like smooth to rough when you run your finger over?

if it's a swirl/imperfection i'd try a clay bar but that wouldn't get overspray etc out

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
ok so that means if it was a repair they did it very well and blended it good. 'Might' be a contamination (just totally guessing as a paint shop would be without 'really' seeing it). Might be worth a stab at a clay bar.. they're not pricey

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Or you can go a step up to rubbing compound. That will take out any scratches smaller than 1000 to 1500 grit. If it's below the clear it's going to be more difficult. Are you sure it's not a light source reflecting? If it's rough, wet sand with 1500 to 2000 grit, then rubbing compound. And look at all that Orange peel. My Miata had better paint than that.

Reactions: FNM
1 - 7 of 7 Posts