Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, long story short, this finally happened.
Since this is literally my first car. So I don't how what to do with this... Is this easy to repair? Should I go to an Auto store to repair this? Normally how much it will cost?
I am still waiting for my license plate, not sure if this place will be covered by the plate in the future...

Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Cant tell from the pic, is this Tropheo or Alfa white?
It depends how well you want it to look.....the most expensive way is to get bumper fixed and repainted, probably around $2-400....much cheaper versions (if Alfa white) would be some filler, touch up paint and wet sanding (you could do this yourself if you are handy but from your post it seems you do not have much experience with such little fixes?)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant tell from the pic, is this Tropheo or Alfa white?
It depends how well you want it to look.....the most expensive way is to get bumper fixed and repainted, probably around $2-400....much cheaper versions (if Alfa white) would be some filler, touch up paint and wet sanding (you could do this yourself if you are handy but from your post it seems you do not have much experience with such little fixes?)
It's an Alfa White. You are right, I don't think I can do it by myself... So maybe just drive to an Auto shop.
For the touch-up paint, I have to make sure they have the correct color, right? I have googled before and found lots of discussion about this. Do I have to buy my own touch-up paint and take it to the Auto shop and let them fix for me?

·
Registered
554 Posts
The black scuffs don't look too bad, they might polish out. But that huge gouge on the other side will take more work- that ain't just a paint scratch. Any good body shop will be able to fix it up and match your Alfa White, won't be cheap though. A local body shop painted a new fuel door for me, and they matched the Vulcano Black perfectly, including the metallic.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The black scuffs don't look too bad, they might polish out. But that huge gouge on the other side will take more work- that ain't just a paint scratch. Any good body shop will be able to fix it up and match your Alfa White, won't be cheap though. A local body shop painted a new fuel door for me, and they matched the Vulcano Black perfectly, including the metallic.
Thanks, So now I feel good because I don't have to worry about the color matching. I am going to visit a body shop next weekend to see how much it will cost...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts