Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hand washed the car today and noticed what looks like thinning of the paint on the hood near driver side windshield. Took some pics and posted below. Curious what others think this could be? This is the only place on the car i have noticed this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That looks horrible, to be polite. The paint on our Montecarlo Blue is just fine. Have you shown the dealer this? I'd start with a warranty claim and see how far that goes. I know that the 4Cs were delivered with terrible paint and a lot got corrected as a warranty issue. I think this is the first Giulia I've heard of with paint issues though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no worries about being polite. I'm gonna send my pics to the service manager and see what he says. thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after hearing nothing back from the service manager on the pictures i sent him, i decided to look into this problem a bit closer. I ran my hand over the area and it was gritty. Embarrassing to say that the white flecks were easily removed by hand.

after cleaning the area, no damage or visible wear to the paint or clear coat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Although I only have the Alfa white,I really like and appreciate the work they put into the paint.
Definitely not just your typical robotics spray and go.
Seems like they put a lot of hands on once it was cured and polished it well.
Very minimal orange peel if any.
I had to do extremely minimal hand polishing prior to sealing it after I bought it. Gotta say it's definitely a plus having a good factory job.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
after hearing nothing back from the service manager on the pictures i sent him, i decided to look into this problem a bit closer. I ran my hand over the area and it was gritty. Embarrassing to say that the white flecks were easily removed by hand.

Where was your car parked? Might someone have been snorting coke off its hood?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

Whew.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts