Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car went in for the glove box door replacement this week. I picked it up late yesterday. I didn?t notice at the time,but when I went to get out of the car after coming home from work today there are very deep scratches and gouges along the door sill of the driver side. To my mind it looks like someone?s foot or boots scratched it while laying across the seats to work on the glove box lid. I?m waiting to see if the dealership will own up to it or not. I?ve had the car back for less than 24 hours and know that the scratches were not there before I took it to them. Sent pictures over to the service advisor, But haven?t heard back yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
Oh, no! Really sorry to hear that. The glove box door is one of several things my car is in for. Guess I'll need to scrutinize it when I pick it up next week, which means doing so during daylight hours.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Wow, that stinks. I hope they do the right thing. My dealer walks around the car taking photos for just that reason.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
So my car went in for the glove box door replacement this week. I picked it up late yesterday. I didn?t notice at the time,but when I went to get out of the car after coming home from work today there are very deep scratches and gouges along the door sill of the driver side. To my mind it looks like someone?s foot or boots scratched it while laying across the seats to work on the glove box lid. I?m waiting to see if the dealership will own up to it or not. I?ve had the car back for less than 24 hours and know that the scratches were not there before I took it to them. Sent pictures over to the service advisor, But haven?t heard back yet.
My condolences. I've got a whole fleet of beater vehicles and none of them have scratches anywhere near that bad. That looks worse than a simple boot buckle scrape to me. More like rocks on the sole of said boot and the full weight of the mechanic on top.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Is your call still stalling out? Or did the engineers find a solution?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It hasn't stalled in over a month, so fingers crossed. The engineers were unable to duplicate the condition. I wasn't that surprised as both times it stalled it was in the upper 90's in heavy stop and go traffic. We they finally made it out to look at the car it was October and in the 70's. I'm at 5,000 miles now and have had several updates and the car is running much better on the whole though,

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
any update from the dealership?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hideous! What is wrong with these people? Like the "screwdriver murder stabs" in another hood on here. My God people, you can take pride in your work and get joy from serving your customers. I hope these idiots aren't being vindictive and jealous. Often that kind of thought is giving people too much credit, and they are just dumb. They should fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.