Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
291 Posts
It's a small electrical connector with a sensor that is supposed to be fitted by pressure/o-ring into either a pipe or plenum of some sort. I fixed mine myself and all I can remember is driver side and hard to see and reach. I recall I accessed it via the wheel well and blindly pushed the sensor back into the orifice? Look for something dangling in that area. It's small and won't be obvious.
Without taking the wheel off this about all the visibility I have (photo 1). I have to swap my winter wheels with my summer wheels which I can do tomorrow and see if I can find this thing. While feeling around I did notice this pipe (photo 2) is covered in what appears to be oil. Anyone know what this goes to?

Leg Motor vehicle Red Gas Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive design Trunk Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
291 Posts
Without taking the wheel off this about all the visibility I have (photo 1). I have to swap my winter wheels with my summer wheels which I can do tomorrow and see if I can find this thing. While feeling around I did notice this pipe (photo 2) is covered in what appears to be oil. Anyone know what this goes to?

View attachment 124221
View attachment 124222
I believe this is the turbocharger correct so I likely have a bad seal? Basing this off the photo below.
Motor vehicle Art Font Poster Auto part

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
291 Posts
After some digging around I found what I believe is the crankcase ventilation senor. It is crazy buried in there and took some intricate hand contortions to reach it. I believe it was loose because as soon as I touched it, it popped out of place. Getting it back in was a PITA. Afterward I snaked a borescope down in there to take a picture incase anyone ever needs this. Took another picture further away to give a better idea of where to look. Here's hoping this is the correct sensor. I cleared the codes and took it out for a spirted drive and no new check engine lights. We'll see how long it lasts (assuming I actually found the correct sensor...).

Drivers side looking down between the intake and air collector
Automotive tire Tread Tire Hood Automotive fuel system

Close up (PN 68224444AA)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia QV
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I got this code last weekend after a track day on my QV. I can see/feel the sensor, but I don't know where it plugs into. I've removed the fender liner, but I'm not seeing anything obvious as to a place to put the sensor. I've read this thread and googled pretty extensively for a pic with the location. I'm figuring on taking off the plastic below the engine in hopes that I can see more that way. Thank you.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia QV
3 Posts
I found it. I bought a click-r tool and a bore scope and tried again. My problem was that the sensor was completely out of the orifice in which it belonged. Once I disconnected the intake tube, I could see where the sensor plugged into. For me, I found it easier to work from the wheel well. The other tidbit that tripped me up for a while was the fact that rear side of the sensor slid down an upright before it would click into place. I tried taking pics, but nothing was turning out. Good luck to the next person that finds this.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts