Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get this on a QV? Got it today, cleared it, got it again. Says "Crankcase ventilation system disconnected". I don't see anything obviously lose, but can't say I know where the PVC valves are either.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,093 Posts
I replied to your pm.

For others on the forum, my issue with this code according to the dealer was that the pressure sensor for the crank case came off because of too much pressure. My dealer put it back in and used sealant to secure it in place, however @MDriver can attest that this dealer was not able to fix this issue for him when he got it a few years ago.

I will say that so far the car seems fine and it's been almost 4 months since I got the code

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replied to your pm.

For others on the forum, my issue with this code according to the dealer was that the pressure sensor for the crank case came off because of too much pressure. My dealer put it back in and used sealant to secure it in place, however @MDriver can attest that this dealer was not able to fix this issue for him when he got it a few years ago.

I will say that so far the car seems fine and it's been almost 4 months since I got the code
Thanks. Too much pressure in the crankcase sounds like a bigger issue. Any idea where it's physically located?

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Thanks. Too much pressure in the crankcase sounds like a bigger issue. Any idea where it's physically located?
Not sure, but I remember @MDriver saying that the new dealer he went to opened the hood and showed it to him so it can't be too buried.

I don't remember much about the days leading to when I got the CEL, but I do remember that normally I drive in Auto, but close to the time I was driving in manual and pushing to red line frequently, so I'm wondering if that's the cause

Reactions: beaups

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure, but I remember @MDriver saying that the new dealer he went to opened the hood and showed it to him so it can't be too buried.

I don't remember much about the days leading to when I got the CEL, but I do remember that normally I drive in Auto, but close to the time I was driving in manual and pushing to red line frequently, so I'm wondering if that's the cause
Thanks. I'm coming off of 60 laps at the race track, so I'm not terribly concerned or surprised. But if its something like a disconnect or a reseat, would prefer to avoid a dealer trip.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Also check out these 2 threads

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Thanks. I'm coming off of 60 laps at the race track, so I'm not terribly concerned or surprised. But if its something like a disconnect or a reseat, would prefer to avoid a dealer trip.
If you can find it, you can put the sensor back in place. It comes from the factory without sealant so just reseating it should be fine. I imagine you should be able to see the sensor sticking out though my dealer did say they needed to remove the driver side front fender to get to it so I'm not sure

Reactions: beaups

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you can find it, you can put the sensor back in place. It comes from the factory without sealant so just reseating it should be fine. I imagine you should be able to see the sensor sticking out though my dealer did say they needed to remove the driver side front fender to get to it so I'm not sure
The driver side wheel liner was a great clue in finding it. Was able to somehow find it and feel around blindly to get it back where it belongs. It sure isn't a tight fit, so I expect it to happen again. It's probably better to remove the intake and access it from the top, but I didn't want to deal with that.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
sorry just saw this...yes this was the issue I had that almost forced a buy back 3 years ago.
it is accessed by removing the intake, once off you can clearly see the part at issue. my issue was 2 fold, the part actually failed and the selling dealer could not diagnose the issue.
it is a PAI but not the end of the world nor a knock on the car or brand...ask me how many HFPs I changed on my E92 335 LMAO!!!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry just saw this...yes this was the issue I had that almost forced a buy back 3 years ago.
it is accessed by removing the intake, once off you can clearly see the part at issue. my issue was 2 fold, the part actually failed and the selling dealer could not diagnose the issue.
it is a PAI but not the end of the world nor a knock on the car or brand...ask me how many HFPs I changed on my E92 335 LMAO!!!
Thanks, yeah, if this is the worse recurring problem, I can deal. I am able to access it after removing the wheel liner. You just can't see what you are doing. If it happens again I'll get at it from the intake side and devise some better solution. Or I'll just take it to the dealer :)

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
If you get the chance, can you take a photo? I'd love to see what the thing looks like that stuck my car in N for 2 weeks

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Just dropped the QV in for service at Miller, got a burnt rear tail-light and service forward collision system. turns out the rear tail-light housing went bad will be replaced tomorrow AM and it triggered the forward collision light. apparently on the same circuit.
on a lighter note, I got to see a McLaren Senna up close and personal:p
fun fact, the lower section of the front doors have clear panels! so cool so when you parallel park you can see the curb...LOL
car is pure adrenaline. looks fast standing still!! and saw board member @Simey car there as well..and an 8C....they (Alfa) have their own section for service..

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Just dropped the QV in for service at Miller, got a burnt rear tail-light and service forward collision system. turns out the rear tail-light housing went bad will be replaced tomorrow AM and it triggered the forward collision light. apparently on the same circuit.
fun fact, the lower section of the front doors have clear panels! so cool so when you parallel park you can see the curb...LOL
car is pure adrenaline. looks fast standing still!! and saw board member @Simey car there as well..and an 8C....they (Alfa) have their own section for service..
When you go to Miller do they give you a loaner? They won't give me one because I didn't buy from them.

I saw a Senna the first time I went there. Was the one you saw green?

I've only seen one other qv when I've been to Miller. It was either vulcano or vesuvio, but the wheels looked aftermarket I posted about it on the forum but not sure who it belonged to.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
When you go to Miller do they give you a loaner? They won't give me one because I didn't buy from them.

I saw a Senna the first time I went there. Was the one you saw green?

I've only seen one other qv when I've been to Miller. It was either vulcano or vesuvio, but the wheels looked aftermarket I posted about it on the forum but not sure who it belonged to.
Yes I get a loaner when I ask, I only asked once and was given a Maserati SQ4, wrote a little review of the car on here. Frankly, as I have cars at home to drive I usually don't ask. The Senna was Blue/Black, there was also a Spyker there as well, much smaller than I imagined as I never saw one in the flesh.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey MDriver. My car is still there :( I just posted this: https://www.giuliaforums.com/conversations/re-forward-collision-error.75292/#convMessage-89194

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
291 Posts
This code has been plaguing me for the past few weeks. I dropped the car off to the dealer to fix this issue and inspect the car since it's due. what did they do? They cleared the code, told me they did nothing to fix it, and handed me the keys back and said drive the car and see if it comes back. The code came back as soon as I got home the same day. I'm beyond annoyed. Now they have no loaners, I can't get the inspection completed because of the check engine light, and I'm running out of time.

I'm done venting. Does anyone have a diagram of this sensor or a photo of it so that I can find it and see if it's come loose? I pulled the intake up and saw no sensors that were a slip fit. I'm willing to tear into it myself but need some help figuring out what I'm looking for. 2018 Giulia QV for reference. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
291 Posts
This code has been plaguing me for the past few weeks. I dropped the car off to the dealer to fix this issue and inspect the car since it's due. what did they do? They cleared the code, told me they did nothing to fix it, and handed me the keys back and said drive the car and see if it comes back. The code came back as soon as I got home the same day. I'm beyond annoyed. Now they have no loaners, I can't get the inspection completed because of the check engine light, and I'm running out of time.

I'm done venting. Does anyone have a diagram of this sensor or a photo of it so that I can find it and see if it's come loose? I pulled the intake up and saw no sensors that were a slip fit. I'm willing to tear into it myself but need some help figuring out what I'm looking for. 2018 Giulia QV for reference. Thanks in advance!
Sorry for bumping this old thread again but can anyone help out?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for bumping this old thread again but can anyone help out?
It's a small electrical connector with a sensor that is supposed to be fitted by pressure/o-ring into either a pipe or plenum of some sort. I fixed mine myself and all I can remember is driver side and hard to see and reach. I recall I accessed it via the wheel well and blindly pushed the sensor back into the orifice? Look for something dangling in that area. It's small and won't be obvious.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts