Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Giulia owners -- I had a quick question about the twisting control for the outside power mirrors. Does everyone else's control have a little bit of left to right motion even when it is locked into the left, right, or neutral position? Once I move the control it can still jiggle from left to right a little bit, not enough to pop it out of the position it's in, but perhaps I'm just overthinking it. My prior car wasn't like this, so I just wanted to see if everyone's power mirror control was like this.

Also, what is the easiest way to disable the auto folding on the outside power mirrors? This isn't my favorite feature, I don't ever park in tight spaces so it's not something I need to use. Can someone confirm that keeping the switch in the left or right position keeps the mirrors from power folding? I think I have confirmed by trial and error but not sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone discovered a way to disable the power folding side view mirrors? I swear that the mirrors didn't fold automatically when I first got the vehicle, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, does everyone else notice that the power mirror control jiggles from side to side a bit when at it's neutral position? I probably overthinking it a bit but wanted to see what everyone else thinks...

·
Registered
332 Posts
My observations: If you press the lock botton on the inside of any of the doors then this will lock the car (as long as your keys aren't inside) and will not trigger your mirros to fold. Pressing the lock on our keys or the button in the outside door handles will trigger mirror folding.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, for some reason I'm pretty sure I didn't set up the auto folding via the infotainment system so I didn't think to turn it off there.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks, for some reason I'm pretty sure I didn't set up the auto folding via the infotainment system so I didn't think to turn it off there.
I checked and could not find in that menu the option to deactivate folding, maybe it will be there with next update....,

·
Registered
81 Posts
"(where provided)"... Does that mean that the car is provided with folded mirrors or provided with this option to choose "exclude auto folding"? :grin2:
Maybe an option they forgot, because you must be able to choose this during Winter, snow and ice?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
"where provided" is the remote control window up/down option as well.

Also, the manual trans ;)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
Has anyone noticed that Stelvio mirrors seem to fold more tightly than the Giulia's?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts
Has anyone noticed that Stelvio mirrors seem to fold more tightly than the Giulia's?
That would not take much. Giulia's mirrors effectively move back rather than in; one of the first things my coworkers noticed when I showed them the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts