Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hope you don’t mind me posting in here, imma first-timer! I run a YouTube channel called The Guys That Drive and we recently had the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio on test for a week. Wow! What a car! It was seriously impressive, we all fell in love with it (we review cars as a group of 5 mates). That exhaust note!!! Two of our team are serious BMW nuts and one of them, Rupert, was quite the convert, saying he would take an Alfa Q over a BMW M3 any day. We all agreed there’s something seriously special about this car; it’s race car performance and sounds, it’s sexy looks, lovely styling and interior. Great to see Alfa owning it again. It’s almost unbelievable that a saloon car like that can do what it does, the grip etc.

Anyway! We made a video review of our time with the car. We weren’t invited on the official launch of the Q way back (because we’re not that big!) so we decided to recreate a little Italian launch of our own, with a slight twist.

Would be awesome to hear what you guys think about the vid ? as passionate Alfa fans. Let us know wha you think!

Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/y2shT02_HaI

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Matt, nice video and commentary, a bit too long, but overall, well done!

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Pretty nice, I liked it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Matt, your first post here and you're already a Giulia Fan-Boy! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was long but it didn't get dull, I really enyoyed it. Good work. You're wrong about the colour though, it's not Alfa Red (which is free) it's Alfa Competizione Red, oh and black is by far the best colour :) Other than that very accurate which can't be said for lots of reviews.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was long but it didn't get dull, I really enyoyed it. Good work. You're wrong about the colour though, it's not Alfa Red (which is free) it's Alfa Competizione Red, oh and black is by far the best colour
Other than that very accurate which can't be said for lots of reviews.
Really great to hear, we aim to keep even the longer vids interesting throughout. Ah! Right yeah that makes sense on the colour, we missed that. I bet it looks rude in black! Colour calipers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was long but it didn't get dull, I really enyoyed it. Good work. You're wrong about the colour though, it's not Alfa Red (which is free) it's Alfa Competizione Red, oh and black is by far the best colour
Other than that very accurate which can't be said for lots of reviews.
Really great to hear, we aim to keep even the longer vids interesting throughout. Ah! Right yeah that makes sense on the colour, we missed that. I bet it looks rude in black! Colour calipers?
Yellow, they look great. You missed out on the Sparco carbon shell seats too. They make a massive difference to the look of the interior, especially from the back seats. The lucky Americans get 5 seat belts for some unfathomable reason that would have been good for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Would be awesome to hear what you guys think about the vid �� as passionate Alfa fans. Let us know wha you think!
Cheers,
Matt
+ Seems you guys had a good time.
+ It was nice to see real usage of rear accomodations with 4 adults. Thats something I have not seen in other reviews of the QV.
- I wish you captured/included arial capture of the back roads, the scenery, the layout of the land with the car carving those curves.
- Some parts were hard to understand because some of you were talking while faced away from the camera (while not facing toward the microphone)
- With 5 guys, it would be nice to get 5 reviews, with each person giving their unfiltered raw impressions of the car.
- Any part that does not add value for the viewer can be edited out.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing !

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
For me guys it was great. Really enjoyed watching this. It was over 20 minutes but it could be even longer. Maybe you consider reviewing some older Alfas as well like GTV with great Busso engine?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Refreshing to see a review with no drifting.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very well done, I enjoyed it much more than most of the mundane video reviews. I agree with your assessment of the car, the first time I drove it, I was sold after 10 minutes and took it home ....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Matt

Great video, really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was too long, as it was very entertaining. It was good to see 5 guys experiencing the car in their own perspective and seeing 5 separate smiles on faces.
Good content and commentary very different from the other reviews we have all seen. Look forward to.seeing more and subscribed!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts