Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 with 37k miles we just got. Is there any date or indicator to tell me if the belt is original to the car or if it has been replaced? Thank you.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hopefully your closest dealer can pull up all your service records but highly unlikely they already replaced it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
If it is not on the service history it is like a 90% chance its due for it. Is this a QV?

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
I see two prices for the same belt.
$37.99 for German made belt. I don't have the OEM in stock. I am going to supply only the German made one at this time. You are seeing the lowest price which is the OEM, the German made belt is $10 more than the OEM so it comes to $37.99

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,255 Posts
Great options from alfissimo.

For those looking for a crazy robust option gates has an HD version aka "the tractor belt". We use them spinning tiny 57mm supercharger pullies with the sc spinning 25k rpm.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you can’t find the service record then replace it. No reason to potentially void your warranty over something that is reasonably priced even by dealership standards.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
in 2020 they changed the belt service interval on the 2.0 to 10 years or 150K miles with no change to the part itself.
This tells me the same belt is being used ,so I see no reason to change it before 10 years or 150k miles...

I will look at mine when I am changing the oil as I always look at everything anyway, but I have no intention of following the old service schedule which most of us thought was crazy to begin with ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
in 2020 they changed the belt service interval on the 2.0 to 10 years or 150K miles with no change to the part itself.
This tells me the same belt is being used ,so I see no reason to change it before 10 years or 150k miles...

I will look at mine when I am changing the oil as I always look at everything anyway, but I have no intention of following the old service schedule which most of us thought was crazy to begin with ...
I will have to look and see if they revised the 17-19

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They didnt ,but its the same belt ... just do whatever makes you feel comfortable... it's only a few bucks and a few minutes of time anyway.
You can see I am getting out of the safe range from my pic. Will change next weekend. I will try to do a write up if possible with pictures.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hopefully your closest dealer can pull up all your service records but highly unlikely they already replaced it.
I just called the AR dealership that it went to before it was sold to my by another dealership. They said they can only pull what they did and not any services from other AR dealerships. Really????

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I just called the AR dealership that it went to before it was sold to my by another dealership. They said they can only pull what they did and not any services from other AR dealerships. Really????
Aren’t the maintenance records for your car available on the Alfa Romeo app?

But to answer your question, they have access to the full service history of the car if service was performed at an Alfa dealer, but may not be willing/able to share information from prior owners.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts