Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
For Quads, is there a dealer here on the board that is more dialed in than some others?

I have seen references to Strongsville but I wasn't sure. Figured I would ask.
I would go to Jake Sweeney AR. The contact person there is Skip Jones. It is Northern Kentucky.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Getting ready to order a Quad, here are the options I have settled on:

-Alfa Rosso (apparently Etna is backordered and will delay my prior order to Fall)
-Carbon Seats
-Active Driver Pkg

and pondering the following:
-Calipers? are the red worth it? the regular one are blackish with red lettering which ties in well anyway
-5hole vs tecnico? 5hole are traditionals and tecnicos are lighter/stronger; leaning towards the 5hole
-CF roof, are there any drawbacks? especially in the california sun

The red calipers/CF roof/tecnico will probably be the sportiest look, but will be "too racer"?

opinions?
I'd go with techno wheels (I have 5 hole), CF roof, and yellow calibers on a red car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The red calipers would be good - they will match the Alfa Rosso and has a finished look. (unlike the red calipers on my rosso competizione; The slight mismatch between the reds bothers me. ). Otherwise silver or black. I love the yellow, but it's pretty loud. The stock ones look good in the pic; save the $500.

Technicos are better wheels - buy those with the car. If you want the 5 hole as well, there are very good, relatively inexpensive replicas. I believe even if you bought 5 holes from Alfa you could sell your technicos and make a profit.

I have the stock seat which are great. The CF Sparco seats look great, but you give up all adjustments except fore/aft, no heated seats, and some say they long-term comfort isn't good.

As for color, I have rosso comp, which was my only option (italian car has to be red, right?). But the alfa rosso is a ferarri color, what's not to like? And I still find myself looking enviously at others - misano blue, montecarlo blue, the silver (shows the body curves best, but silver is pretty common...). And the new colors - the montreal green looks killer, and the ocra - haven't seen one in the flesh, but looks incredible in pics. So there is no "best" color - there are just many awesome options to choose from. Pick one. It will become your favorite.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Alfa Rosso, 2018
91 Posts
Well you have no shortage of opinions from our group, that’s for sure!! I love my Alfa Rosso with red calipers and 5 holes. I prefer the darker red to the Etna. Red calipers for sure. The 5 holes are distinctive & the dark color plays well with my Rosso. Your call on the seat - depends on what kind of comfort & adjustments you can live with. The cf is certainly lighter. If you have issues, use the warranty!
Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts
And I still find myself looking enviously at others - misano blue, montecarlo blue, the silver (shows the body curves best, but silver is pretty common...). And the new colors - the montreal green looks killer, and the ocra - haven't seen one in the flesh, but looks incredible in pics. So there is no "best" color - there are just many awesome options to choose from. Pick one. It will become your favorite.
No mention of vulcano 😤

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,085 Posts
The red calipers would be good - they will match the Alfa Rosso and has a finished look. (unlike the red calipers on my rosso competizione; The slight mismatch between the reds bothers me. ). Otherwise silver or black. I love the yellow, but it's pretty loud. The stock ones look good in the pic; save the $500.

Technicos are better wheels - buy those with the car. If you want the 5 hole as well, there are very good, relatively inexpensive replicas. I believe even if you bought 5 holes from Alfa you could sell your technicos and make a profit.

I have the stock seat which are great. The CF Sparco seats look great, but you give up all adjustments except fore/aft, no heated seats, and some say they long-term comfort isn't good.

As for color, I have rosso comp, which was my only option (italian car has to be red, right?). But the alfa rosso is a ferarri color, what's not to like? And I still find myself looking enviously at others - misano blue, montecarlo blue, the silver (shows the body curves best, but silver is pretty common...). And the new colors - the montreal green looks killer, and the ocra - haven't seen one in the flesh, but looks incredible in pics. So there is no "best" color - there are just many awesome options to choose from. Pick one. It will become your favorite.
Saw Verde Montreal in the flesh recently. It's great, but didn't stick in my mind the way I expected it to. Happy with my Rosso Comp. I think Ocra could be a future classic as well.

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,085 Posts
For Quads, is there a dealer here on the board that is more dialed in than some others?

I have seen references to Strongsville but I wasn't sure. Figured I would ask.
Woodhouse in Omaha has good inventory (that's where I saw the Verde Montreal) and are a pleasure to deal with. Momentum in Hurst Texas seemed good too.

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,085 Posts

The red caliper mismatch is totally right, isn't it? I was so surprised at how much I liked the black calipers on my new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure how common or uncommon this is, but thus far my experience with my dealer (VA) is very mixed. To cut to the chase in Feb (about the time this thread started) I ordered my QV. I "built" the car online, sent the info to the POC and after a couple days was told exposed CF roof and rosso etna was unavailable (a month before there was a rosso etna in the showroom that I test drove and I would have bought if I'd known that!) so they asked me for my alternatives. I asked them to verify the info as it didn't make sense to me considering there was no mention of availability issues on the website, and they then came back that the exposed CF roof was in fact available but not the paint. I went with ocra GT instead. I was just informed after I requested a status update that the car will be built late summer as a '23 model and I mentioned that it's a shame about the rosso etna paint. I was then asked why I was concerned about the paint (implication being it WAS available). So I'm once again asking them for the status on the rosso etna paint. The POC said I wouldn't be able to change my order but it seems to me if they were incorrect with the actual paint status the customer is always right! Bottom line, I won't be getting the car anywhere near date promised, probably won't be getting the car in my first choice of color (but ocra gt is growing on me) and the jury is apparently still out on whether or not the '23s will have the new headlights (which I don't like). To end this gripe, this is the car I want. It will be my last ICE. I just find it amazing that a car company has such poor communications with its customer base. It's sad.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts