Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I think anodized calipers look outstanding. The ocra I wanted but went to another customer while we were exchanging paperwork had these. I might have ended up taking their Montreal if it had these instead of red calipers.
Here are some shots of a QV Stelvio in MV and anodized calipers I took a couple of weeks ago. I came this close to trading my Giulia Ti Sport in for it—but it was sold by the next morning I drove up to look at it…

So strange the configuration between the Velcoce and the QV. Red calipers standard on Veloce, $$$ upgrade on the QV. Tecnico (more expensive wheel) standard on the QV, Dark 5 Holes $$$ upgrade.

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
524 Posts
Regarding Rosso ETNA, I've seen this happen with other brands likely they are having a quality issue with the paint. IMO its a risk to wait because I have also seen it happen that a color is dropped (by other brands not Alfa). I would assume they would reintroduce Rosso Competizione in that case.

Reactions: hawkeye_a

·
Registered
16 Posts
Regarding Rosso ETNA, I've seen this happen with other brands likely they are having a quality issue with the paint. IMO its a risk to wait because I have also seen it happen that a color is dropped (by other brands not Alfa). I would assume they would reintroduce Rosso Competizione in that case.
I agree with this. I have spoken to a number of Alfa dealers, all of them say Etna is NLA and MIGHT come back for 2023.

I don't know why its still on the configurator, but it is.

I am targeting (hopefully) ordering a 2023 Etna Red Quad.

[and nice to see someone from another certain car forum]

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,570 Posts
Hmmm..... if they're having some quality issues with Etna as someone else pointed out earlier in this thread, it might be better to get Alfa Rosso and spend the difference on PPF & ceramic-coating for extra protection & shininess.

Here's are a couple in the country(source:autotrader):

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Quad Vesuvio Gray
97 Posts
Anodized w/technico looks best w/red imho. It keeps the focus on the beauty of the red/ocra/mv/misano. With the gray/black, the red calipers pop.

Etna is gorgeous but I would be frustrated to no end if they cancelled your order mid-stream due to quality issues.

Glad you are doing the carbon seats. The green stitching is really nice.

Good luck with your buy!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Let's just say I would love to have the _Download on your Volkswagen race car sometime.
Ha I figured it was the black hole known as the Vortex.

Reactions: mtrainSHO

·
Registered
Pirelli P Zero AR Pirelli Sottozero 3
1,882 Posts
I've been told Etna is NLA for '22 QV orders. YMMV
Etna was discontinued either end of September or October. My order is from September and it was accepted and allegedly built, pending option install.

How is the Rosso Etna backordered for a new car... lol... did they run out of paint?
I mean, 2022 is causing inventory issues all over the place. They might be low on paint and they wanted to ensure that they had enough for the orders as of September, the GTA/GTAm and 6C Villa d'Este special editions.

I’ve been told the same. Also, Ocra GT shows as a “delay” too for new orders on QVs/Veloce’s. Heard neither may be available after the current MY22s already on a boat, dealership lot or garage. Something to do with the paint binding process?
I don't know if there's a problem with it since there's a member here who just got his GTAm recently and it's Etna.

I talked today with Mike at Alfa of Strongsville and he said my order of Rosso Etna got delayed (order was a left over from somebody else) and was most likely going to be a MY23 with and August/Sept timeframe at the earliest (depends when they process the Quadrifoglio batch).
My order is from September and it's in JB status. If my car arrives it will probably be one of the last. I know my dealer had an Etna QV in Paint status a month or so ago.

My concern with MY23:

1) will they still use Etna? It was also a special color for the GTA/GTAm and 6C Villa d'Este models.
2) will the 2023 get the Tonale facelift, which you might not like.

I don't know why its still on the configurator, but it is.
It is still there because you can buy Etna cars on dealer lots.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Getting ready to order a Quad, here are the options I have settled on:

-Alfa Rosso (apparently Etna is backordered and will delay my prior order to Fall)
-Carbon Seats
-Active Driver Pkg

and pondering the following:
-Calipers? are the red worth it? the regular one are blackish with red lettering which ties in well anyway
-5hole vs tecnico? 5hole are traditionals and tecnicos are lighter/stronger; leaning towards the 5hole
-CF roof, are there any drawbacks? especially in the california sun

The red calipers/CF roof/tecnico will probably be the sportiest look, but will be "too racer"?

opinions?
Car for the most part sounds good. I would just order the regular seats as those carbon seats are uncomfortable! Otherwise enjoy and welcome to the Fam!

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts
Other option, and I know this is $$$$ is to buy Rosso and either wrap or repaint to the exact color of your choosing

I don't think they can get rid of the color altogether( what if someone needs a panel replaced in that color due to an accident

·
Registered
524 Posts
Other option, and I know this is $$$$ is to buy Rosso and either wrap or repaint to the exact color of your choosing

I don't think they can get rid of the color altogether( what if someone needs a panel replaced in that color due to an accident
They have to offer the paint for repair purposes, but that doesn't mean they need to offer cars in it.

I think the theory regarding the GTA/GTAm may be sound. Possible quality issues with the paint or limited quantity due to maybe something in it that makes the color distinctive and they are saving it for all the GTA/GTAm builds.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
Pirelli P Zero AR Pirelli Sottozero 3
1,882 Posts
Has there been a formal reason why Etna has been removed from production?
No. Just speculation.

I was also told that Ocra GT changed to Sold Order Only around October (Sept/Oct/Nov?). So dealers could not just request that color for an inventory car.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts