Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order a Quad, here are the options I have settled on:

-Alfa Rosso (apparently Etna is backordered and will delay my prior order to Fall)
-Carbon Seats
-Active Driver Pkg

and pondering the following:
-Calipers? are the red worth it? the regular one are blackish with red lettering which ties in well anyway
-5hole vs tecnico? 5hole are traditionals and tecnicos are lighter/stronger; leaning towards the 5hole
-CF roof, are there any drawbacks? especially in the california sun

The red calipers/CF roof/tecnico will probably be the sportiest look, but will be "too racer"?

opinions?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'd go for the Tecnico rims no doubt! Lighter, stronger and more open to see the beautiful brakes, especially if you opt for the red calipers. For sure get the exposed carbon roof, I wish I had such an option back in the day! Most of these options are personally based, so at the end of the day, order how you like it cause you'll be the one looking at it and driving it!

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
434 Posts
Get the Tecnicos.. Even if you don't want them.

They're pricier to buy and they show as the standard option?? No brainer.. You can find the 5 hole elsewhere.

Definitely not "too racer"

The black calipers are nice.. A bluish black really but they get lost behind the wheels.

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,085 Posts
Get the Tecnicos.. Even if you don't want them.

They're pricier to buy and they show as the standard option?? No brainer.. You can find the 5 hole elsewhere.

Definitely not "too racer"

The black calipers are nice.. A bluish black really but they get lost behind the wheels.
This is correct. You can always trade your tecnicos.
I prefer flashier calipers, getting black on mine, oh well. In California, the Sparcos are correct.

Controversial opinion: Get the Rosso Etna. It's quite possibly one of the all-time great car colors ever manufactured. Worth the wait, and if I was buying new, I'd do it.

Reactions: AlfaRocket

·
Registered
556 Posts
Red calipers for sure. Personally I prefer the 5-hole wheels, the Technico just don't look as flashy but its really up to personal preference. CF roof would be cool but is it really worth $3k? Not to me.

Rosso Alfa does look a bit flat under daytime sunlight, but in the evenings/nights/cloudy days it has a nice depth to it. Etna will be nicer but I agree it's not worth waiting another 6+ months for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’d probably get red calipers if I was getting a red car. I had gray calipers on my old Rosso Comp QV and they looked a bit dull. I have black calipers on my Ocra right now which suits it perfectly. I would definitely get the Technico wheels. The 5 holes might look better from afar, but the Technicos are nicer up close and have a higher quality feel since they’re forged. I have the CF roof which is just awesome looking. I’d definitely get it on a red car. You’ll love it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I ditched the dark tecnicos the car came with and replaced them with the 5-holes. I disagree with the color being 'flat'. It's an amazing red. Like the definition of RED.
I have Alfa Rosso on my car so its just my observation. It does not show the lines really well in plain sunlight. Competizione and Etna are richer and show more depth IMO. Regardless, if I were getting red I'd do it all over again and stick with Alfa Rosso. The other reds are like $3500 and aren't that different.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,570 Posts
IMHO….
Dark 5-holes
Red brake calipers (more red on the car makes it go faster, even on the brakes!)

I personally don’t like the look of the CF roof (or the moon roofs on the other models for that matter). I prefer the roof being the same color as the rest of the body of the car. And specifically, for an Alfa Rosso car the CF roof would mean less red, therefore making the car slower than it could be.;)

Good luck and congratulations!

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts
I think it depends how long you plan to keep the car. If only for a short time then get Rosso now. If you plan to own forever like me, then wait for Etna if you prefer that color. You said fall but how much extra wait time is that? 1-2 I think is worth the weight.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I love me some red calipers but they've started getting more and more common these days. I'd vote for swimming against the current and getting understated black, technicos, and carbon roof. Bummer about Etna :(

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,570 Posts
I think it depends how long you plan to keep the car. If only for a short time then get Rosso now. If you plan to own forever like me, then wait for Etna if you prefer that color. You said fall but how much extra wait time is that? 1-2 I think is worth the weight.
Gotta agree with this. If you have your heart set on Etna, it might be worth the wait.

I have an Alfa Rosso.... when i walked into the dealer, i initially wanted a RossoCompetizione, but all the other options I wanted lined up with the AlfaRosso they had on the lot; no regrets on my part because the difference seems very small(to me).

On the flip side.....they could keep delaying Etna beyond the fall. 😕

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I've been told Etna is NLA for '22 QV orders. YMMV
I’ve been told the same. Also, Ocra GT shows as a “delay” too for new orders on QVs/Veloce’s. Heard neither may be available after the current MY22s already on a boat, dealership lot or garage. Something to do with the paint binding process?

I didn’t go with red calipers—went the anodized route and think it looks great, particularly paired with Ocra GT. The size of the calipers on the QV, color would draw attention away from the uniqueness of the Ocra in my biased opinion.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked today with Mike at Alfa of Strongsville and he said my order of Rosso Etna got delayed (order was a left over from somebody else) and was most likely going to be a MY23 with and August/Sept timeframe at the earliest (depends when they process the Quadrifoglio batch).

He mentioned I could just order a Rosso now and haveJune/July. I have been looking at QV forever…don’t know if I can take another 1-2 mo wait ( and most definitely a price hike)

My last car (BMW E46 ZHP Imola Red) lasted 13 years…so I do tend to keep cars for a long time; the Quad will be my last ICE car, so I’ll end up keeping it forever…

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I talked today with Mike at Alfa of Strongsville and he said my order of Rosso Etna got delayed (order was a left over from somebody else) and was most likely going to be a MY23 with and August/Sept timeframe at the earliest (depends when they process the Quadrifoglio batch).

He mentioned I could just order a Rosso now and haveJune/July. I have been looking at QV forever…don’t know if I can take another 1-2 mo wait ( and most definitely a price hike)

My last car (BMW E46 ZHP Imola Red) lasted 13 years…so I do tend to keep cars for a long time; the Quad will be my last ICE car, so I’ll end up keeping it forever…
It’s hard to say this while waiting—but it’s worth waiting for a QV in the spec you want, IMO. This is a purchase that are only dreams to the majority—don’t settle.

My biggest fear at this point would be that it’d get canceled due to the paint rumors mentioned by me and a couple others in the thread. That would be my biggest concern if I were at this stage in the ordering process.

Hell, that was my fear when ordering the QV I have now after my two Star Wars spec’d (Vulcano Black on yellow calipers with red stitching) Giulia and Stelvio MY21s were canceled 7 months in.

Maybe ask Alfa in Strongsville if they’ve heard of any paint separation issues in the Rosso Etna and Ocra GT causing delays?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve been told the same. Also, Ocra GT shows as a “delay” too for new orders on QVs/Veloce’s. Heard neither may be available after the current MY22s already on a boat, dealership lot or garage. Something to do with the paint binding process?

I didn’t go with red calipers—went the anodized route and think it looks great, particularly paired with Ocra GT. The size of the calipers on the QV, color would draw attention away from the uniqueness of the Ocra in my biased opinion.

View attachment 122640
I think anodized calipers look outstanding. The ocra I wanted but went to another customer while we were exchanging paperwork had these. I might have ended up taking their Montreal if it had these instead of red calipers.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts

Tough choice then. Can another dealer get it sooner for you in Etna? Maybe they have an allocation

1 - 20 of 53 Posts