Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Lusso with the crema interior, but would like to get the Summer tire setup, which isn't offered with a Lusso. Has anyone gotten something different other than what is available through the normal configuration offerings?

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
625 Posts
you can spec the car whichever way pleases you
but expect to pay more & since it's built-to-order, you'd need to wait for it.

it's far easier to buy whatever is in dealer inventory for substantial discount on 2018 right now tho and put your choice of rubber
i didn't like any of tires that were offered and decided to put 245/40/19 RE-11 from tirerack instead.
with the discount you'd get from buying inventory, it'd make up for price of tire + some.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"whichever way please you.

not really - a dealer might assist with a wheel swap etc, but if it's not a choice for a version, the factory won't assemble it "your way".

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I like the Lusso with the crema interior, but would like to get the Summer tire setup, which isn't offered with a Lusso. Has anyone gotten something different other than what is available through the normal configuration offerings?
We special ordered a Lusso in 2017. The Lusso Package includes wheels and tires that cannot be optioned out. What we did was to purchase wheels separately from our dealer and tires from our local tire shop. We went with 19x9 dark 5-hole all the way around and Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35x19. Some dealers will do a tire and/or wheel swap at time of purchase, ours would not, so we have an extra set of wheels & tires.

We also went with the Ti Performance Package which includes a limited slip differential, paddle shifters and active suspension. The LSD and paddles were a must for me. I didn't care about the Active Suspension. Now I'm thinking I like the Active Suspension, but I may change my mind when it wears out and I get a shocking bill.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Yes, there definitely are limitations, as mentioned above. As another example, when I was shopping for mine, I wanted to get wood trim rather than the aluminum spec’d on the Ti Sport, but two dealers told me that was not possible, even at a premium.

Buying an extra set of wheels is easy, though.

It would be nice to have more trim options, I will say, and I bet Alfa could sell a lot more Lussos if they’d simply allow wheel options.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,716 Posts
Assuming you are in the USA go to www.alfaromeousa.com and "configure" a car. If you can configure it, it is highly likely that you can order it. However, there are some complications such as

During the transition between model years they are slow to add the configurator for the new model year and you cannot order the previous model year. It seems that the primary "gating item" for getting a new configurator up is pricing.

Some features may have "late availability", which means you cannot order it right now; maybe never. I think clear coated CF roof on the QV is an example.

I do not know if there is a way to print the configuration that you have selected so that you can bring it to your dealer to order it. You cannot order a car yourself.

Each dealer gets an "allocation", which limits how many cars they can custom order. If the first dealer cannot order the car for you due to this, try another.

Note that even though you are custom ordering a car you haven't bought it and won't be buying it until it arrives. This gives you the rude ability to walk away from the deal after the dealer is already obliged to take possession; of course if you do that don't expect the dealer to ever talk to you again.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yes, there definitely are limitations, as mentioned above. As another example, when I was shopping for mine, I wanted to get wood trim rather than the aluminum spec’d on the Ti Sport, but two dealers told me that was not possible, even at a premium.

Buying an extra set of wheels is easy, though.

It would be nice to have more trim options, I will say, and I bet Alfa could sell a lot more Lussos if they’d simply allow wheel options.
The 'real wood trim' is part of the Lusso Package, which is partly why we went with Lusso.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
The 'real wood trim' is part of the Lusso Package, which is partly why we went with Lusso.
I also prefer the front fascia on base and Lusso to the sport fascia. The Lusso chrome window trim is something that's kind of an issue for me, though, as I like it on some colors, e.g. white, but not at all on red.

Truly, if 19" 5 hole brights were available on Lusso, I'd probably be driving a Trofeo Bianco or Stromboli version right now!

·
Banned
219 Posts
Now I'm thinking I like the Active Suspension, but I may change my mind when it wears out and I get a shocking bill.
Yes, you are in for a HUGE surprise. My wife's Cadillac SRX with the magnetic suspension needed new shocks. I will save you the chest pain and not tell you how much they cost:surprise:

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yes, you are in for a HUGE surprise. My wife's Cadillac SRX with the magnetic suspension needed new shocks. I will save you the chest pain and not tell you how much they cost:surprise:
Perhaps an aftermarket solution will be available by then. Choices are usually a good thing.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
When the front adjustable shocks on my ‘05 Audi A8L went out three years ago, I scrapped the whole car. Well, I traded it in, anyway. I miss that car; it was a very sweet ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts