Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after not being able to find the Guilia TI I want anywhere in the US and after a good deal from the dealer in Orlando for a 17 which I turned down. I am going to order my Guilia TI 2018 on Tues.

Here are the specs,

Guilia TI RWD
Vesuvio Grey Exterior
Red/Black interior
TI 19-inch sports package
Driver Assistance Static Package
TI Leather Package
Radio with NAV
Forward Collision Warning

I was wondering if the Performance Package was worth it, given I live in Florida where the roads are pretty boring. Same with the dynamic assistance package.

Thoughts?

Joe

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
So, after not being able to find the Guilia TI I want anywhere in the US and after a good deal from the dealer in Orlando for a 17 which I turned down. I am going to order my Guilia TI 2018 on Tues.

Here are the specs,

Guilia TI RWD
Vesuvio Grey Exterior
Red/Black interior
TI Leather Package
Radio with NAV

I was wondering if the Performance Package was worth it, given I live in Florida where the roads are pretty boring. Same with the dynamic assistance package.

Thoughts?

Joe
For use in Florida, I would think you would want the staggered wheel setup. It gets you stickier summer only tires and more tread on the road. Summer tires are not suitable for use when it is cold, but does it ever get cold in Florida? If nothing else it makes your Giulia look better :)

The performance package mostly gets you the Limited Slip Differential. That will make high acceleration more consistent and easier to control. It should also improve the performance of the traction control, which might be useful on those wet roads in Florida.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a Quadrifoglio so I can't speak about the performance package but I did order the dynamic plus package. You seen all those morons on I4? I plan to put it on the lowest setting. The infrared windshield is also a plus with all the heat here. Although I will tint my windows anyways.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Performance package is the best value ...

Here are the specs,

Guilia TI RWD
Vesuvio Grey Exterior
Red/Black interior
TI Leather Package
Radio with NAV

Thoughts?

Joe
... of all the options.

The active suspension, which borrows from the QuadV, gives you dynamic adjustable dampeners based on skyhook technology concepts. That option alone would typically be $2000 on a competing sports sedan. It gives a feel and road presence to the car that has to be felt to be appreciated. It reduces body roll in hard cornering and diminishes dive during breaking maneuvers in a way that's almost magical. See if you can test drive one with that option.

The limited slip differential is also a terrific performance option. For resale value alone, and considering the scarcity of these items on sport Giulias, it's almost a no-brainer.

As you can tell I'm a huge fan of that option.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
what I do know from inspection in this forum ...

Are you stating (and are you certain) that the active suspension in the link, is the same as is used on the Giulia with the Ti Performance Package?
I was in the belief that the TiPPkg was merely a softer and firmer adjustment, not an active option.
some of this is based on MacGeek and his feedback. He's knowledgeable and likely a factory informed source.

1) That MM paper is the foundation for the QV and TiPerf Pkg. Two sources of this info. MacGeek and Alfa Tech video
2) at least 4 accelerometers are on my Q4 Ti. Cant imagine they're just there for cosmetics.
3) in D mode, Firm and Soft are selectable, under a fully active system, as you stated
4) ... not sure about N setting enhancements, but my Q4 seems to have less body roll than the base Q4 I had as a loaner in N (different tires, 17inch, etc... so mighta been sidewall scrunching, too)
5) Giulia vendor list states MM as provider of Chassis Domain Module, which is likely the Body Computer node in the whitepaper

MacGeek, please chime in if i'm off base here. I don't want to malign you and your important contributions to this forum.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Are you stating (and are you certain) that the active suspension in the link, is the same as is used on the Giulia with the Ti Performance Package?
I was in the belief that the TiPPkg was merely a softer and firmer adjustment, not an active option.
The active suspension on Giulia is actually "active dampers". It won't keep the vehicle flat in a turn like true active suspension, but it will keep the vehicle from rolling over too far as you enter a turn and then bouncing back while also allowing a smooth ride over bumps. Similar behavior for squat during acceleration and nose diving during braking. I presume that it will also control wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
some of this is based on MacGeek and his feedback. He's knowledgeable and likely a factory informed source.

1) That MM paper is the foundation for the QV and TiPerf Pkg. Two sources of this info. MacGeek and Alfa Tech video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxsktqxbYA
2) at least 4 accelerometers are on my Q4 Ti. Cant imagine they're just there for cosmetics.
3) in D mode, Firm and Soft are selectable, under a fully active system, as you stated
4) ... not sure about N setting enhancements, but my Q4 seems to have less body roll than the base Q4 I had as a loaner in N (different tires, 17inch, etc... so mighta been sidewall scrunching, too)
5) Giulia vendor list states MM as provider of Chassis Domain Module, which is likely the Body Computer node in the whitepaper

MacGeek, please chime in if i'm off base here. I don't want to malign you and your important contributions to this forum.
Well, I hope that you are correct. That would make the Performance Package an unbelievable value. I too ordered it on my MY2018 Ti.
I emailed the lead Alfa Tech at my local Dealership the points of our discussion and the links, to see what his view is on all of this. I will post his reply when I receive it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts