Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some research I decided to get the h&r sport springs since they tend to be bit more aggressive than the pro kit line. Paid 235.00 from Tire Rack. They should be here by next Friday. Can't wait to get them installed and give my review. Love modifying my car makes me feel like a kid again.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Cool. Take pics and tell us about the drop and ride.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
After doing some research I decided to get the h&r sport springs since they tend to be bit more aggressive than the pro kit line. Paid 235.00 from Tire Rack. They should be here by next Friday. Can't wait to get them installed and give my review. Love modifying my car makes me feel like a kid again.
Nice. I'm interested in the results.

What are the specifics of your car please? Base, Ti, QV? Options that effect the suspension? (RWD or AWD) (Active suspension or not) (LSD or not)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I'm interested in the results.

What are the specifics of your car please? Base, Ti, QV? Options that effect the suspension? (RWD or AWD) (Active suspension or not) (LSD or not)
Hey it's me Andy...you already know my car?? I will contact you soon let's do Angeles crest run and a meeting.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hey it's me Andy...you already know my car?? I will contact you soon let's do Angeles crest run and a meeting.
Hmm... If memory serves, 2018 Montecarlo blue Ti Q2 Sport.
Yes, lets do an ACH run and a meeting.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my h&r springs in the mail. Can't wait to get them installed tomorrow and give my impression. Yes I will take measurements before and after. My car is Ti Sport without adaptive suspension I do have the staggered summer tires. I love the color of the springs they match my car ??

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my springs installed today. Took it in to A1 Automotive in Alhambra. They charged me $220 for the drop, now that's a great deal! The h&r springs lowered my car exactly 1 inch after taking measurements. H&R states 1.2 drop front and rear that seems true since my car might settle to 1.2 drop.

My driving impression is ride is little more abrupt over stock but still very smooth. Turn in is more sharp with less roll. Car feels more planted and flat. Difently a improvement over the stock springs. Everytime I park my car I love to turn around to look at how beautiful she looks with her new aggressive stance ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice! Looks good. Any rub on the nose over driveways yet?

·
Registered
483 Posts
So so so so cheap! I've been getting quotes of 850+! Is yours a Q4?

Got my springs installed today. Took it in to A1 Automotive in Alhambra. They charged me $220 for the drop, now that's a great deal! The h&r springs lowered my car exactly 1 inch after taking measurements. H&R states 1.2 drop front and rear that seems true since my car might settle to 1.2 drop.

My driving impression is ride is little more abrupt over stock but still very smooth. Turn in is more sharp with less roll. Car feels more planted and flat. Difently a improvement over the stock springs. Everytime I park my car I love to turn around to look at how beautiful she looks with her new aggressive stance ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So so so so cheap! I've been getting quotes of 850+! Is yours a Q4?

No mine is ti sport rwd

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How did you get them to install the springs so cheaply?

No mine is ti sport rwd
They installed my V2 intake and found them on EC website as authorized installer. First of all I been modifying cars since the mid 90s and I know what a fair price is to lower a car. I use to get my car dropped for 150.000 years ago and I figured 200 to 300 would be fair. When I called them I let them know this is what I payed 2 years ago to lower my lexus. Also I mentioned if they charge me fair price with good quality work I would give them good review on the forums as with yelp and all my friends and family. Here in Los Angeles we have a lot of shops so they are cutting each others throat to get work lol. Gotta love California ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did any of your bsm or parking sensors malfunction since you lowered the car? I had a mazda 6 I slammed and the bsm lost its mind when the ride height was adjusted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea, how often are you bottoming out? How bad??:|

Looks really nice, though!

BTW, if you guys wanna do a meet up or a run, let me know on here! Always down to drive!

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, how often are you bottoming out? How bad??/forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_plain.png

Looks really nice, though!88

BTW, if you guys wanna do a meet up or a run, let me know on here! Always down to drive!
Thanks I also love the new stance. I haven't had any problems with bottoming out or rubbing. I go into driveways in angle and try to avoid steep driveways. The ride is very good for the drop I got. I'm willing to sacrifice little for the better handling dynamics I got with the springs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts