Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of reading, watching and analyzing everything about the Giulia, I finally broke down and ordered a Quadrifoglio. Many thanks to @BostonDMD for his help to put me in contact with a dealer willing to negotiate. Also thanks to everyone on this forum providing reviews and feedback.
Here are my specs:
- Vesuvio Grey
- Bright 5-hole wheels
- Regular seats with red stitching
- Black calipers
- Carbon steering wheel
Now the long wait begins...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Congrats! Grey, Bright and Black calipers. Kind of a Salt and Pepper look. Hard to go wrong with the Giulia's fantastic styling. Red stitching is nice too. I still wonder how much of the Green and White will actually appear on mine. AKAIK black stitching on wheel because white would get too dirty. But what about Green?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Grey, Bright and Black calipers. Kind of a Salt and Pepper look. Hard to go wrong with the Giulia's fantastic styling.
The grey with bright is not too common. None available in the country right now. Interesting that one of the first presentations to the public was this combo. https://paultan.org/2015/09/17/alfa-romeo-giulia-qv-showcased-frankfurt/alfa-romeo-giulia-frankfurt-5/
I also like @[email protected] 's car here http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/786-official-alfa-romeo-giulia-colors-picture-threads/4994-vesuvio-gray-metallic-giulia-owners-picture-thread.html#post123441
He has the teknico, but those are not available to order as bright in 2018. I like both wheels anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awesome, congrats!

Reactions: Verrilli

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations! If you don't mind posting I would be curious to see how quickly yours moves through the build cycle. I ordered a 2018 Quad on July 25th and it is still stuck @ BX. I just opened a case with Alfa Romeo Cares to see if I could get more information

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure, I'll post progress to this thread as I get it.
Cool that you have an SZ! I've always liked that car. Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
74 Posts
FWIW, I ordered mine in early July and it was supposed to be built this week, so the timing you are experiencing is not unusual.

When I ordered my Audi many years ago, it also took about 6 months from order to delivery, so I'm expecting that in this case as well.

Congratulations! If you don't mind posting I would be curious to see how quickly yours moves through the build cycle. I ordered a 2018 Quad on July 25th and it is still stuck @ BX. I just opened a case with Alfa Romeo Cares to see if I could get more information

·
Registered
58 Posts
FWIW, I ordered mine in early July and it was supposed to be built this week, so the timing you are experiencing is not unusual.

When I ordered my Audi many years ago, it also took about 6 months from order to delivery, so I'm expecting that in this case as well.
Thanks for this. So what build code / stage is your order at?

Regards,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sure, I'll post progress to this thread as I get it.
Cool that you have an SZ! I've always liked that car. Can you post a picture?
If I remember correctly from other forums (GTV-6, alfa164) is it Colin?... Anyway here is a shot of the SZ and then both the SZ and Junior Zagato from the joint AROC_ARCC convention in Toronto 5 years ago

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I remember correctly from other forums (GTV-6, alfa164) is it Colin?... Anyway here is a shot of the SZ and then both the SZ and Junior Zagato from the joint AROC_ARCC convention in Toronto 5 years ago
Very nice! Both of them.
Yes, it's Colin, ready for a new Alfa adventure :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Greetings Phil...it's Dino from NY...we met at the Detroit Convention and I was admiring your SZ !! If you notice, in the background of the photo of the SZ is the driver's side fender of Eric King's TZ 3 !!!

Cheers....Dino

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for this. So what build code / stage is your order at?

Regards,
Didn't get code, just status through Alfa Cares here. I haven't bugged them this week, so I don't know if it ultimately was built yet or not. I figure, there are still a couple of months of waiting to go, so why bug them needlessly :)

All I know is that I'll likely have it around the holidays, give or take.

Reactions: recoil

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got notice today that my order went to "D1" status, ​"plant has sequenced the unit for production"
This is 16 days after order placed. I guess it skipped BX, C and D?

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I got notice today that my order went to "D1" status, ​"plant has sequenced the unit for production"
This is 16 days after order placed. I guess it skipped BX, C and D?
Congrats! You must have connections in high places......:wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Congrats on the Quad.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats! You must have connections in high places......:wink2::wink2:
I wish, unless it's you :)
Ken predicted that all 3 ordered cars would come together, but I seriously doubt that. You have a good head start. I think yours should be here by end of October.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.