Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is rezidue. I've been paying attention to Giulia for sometime and placed an order about two weeks ago. Like some members have experienced, my local dealer had little information about when they will have Giulia in stock early this year and was not willing to let me test drive a base model w/o signing an agreement. With growing frustration after wasted a few months on them, I finally decided to visit one of the out-of-state dealers about 3 hrs away. Test drove a base model as well as a QV in the same day and I was thrilled!

Thanks to everyone who shares information, thoughts and knowledge about Giulia and the ordering process on this forum. Hope that I will be able to do the same in the near future!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome, hope the order process goes quickly for you. As you may already have gathered there tends to be a frustrating lack of accurate info during the wait. So after test driving the different options what did you put on order?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

You can expect it to take about four months. We ordered a Ti last day of January and it should be end of May/beginning of June.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Alan, I spent about two months thinking about model/options I'd like and ended up ordering a QV in Montecarlo Blue. I was a bit disappointed that black/ice interior only comes with green/white stitching so I stick with black interior with red accent stitching in the end.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, I can see that. What I want to know is why. Alfa Romeo chat telling me to check back in a few weeks is not useful.
Chipps, have some good news, an order placed the same day as yours had a port est. arrival date of 04/19 (yours 04/22), released Saturday and has an intransit eta of 05/02-05/08. I would expect yours to follow suit in the next week. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome

You can expect it to take about four months. We ordered a Ti last day of January and it should be end of May/beginning of June.
Why do you think four months? I was told 11 weeks. Several cars from February orders arrived last week or the week before.
I think four months because that's what my dealer suggested when I ordered my Ti. This is Alfa we're talking about and they're notoriously slow. A longer time estimate is better than an early estimate, less room for disappointment.

I have seen a wide variety of delivery times. I think, if AR finds a car that's already in assembly, that matches the order, and is not claimed, they label that car as the new order and deliver it that much quicker.

I don't know how long it takes to build one car, inspect it and have it ready to leave the plant. But, it then has be loaded on a boat and shipped overseas. It's going to sit a while until there's enough cars for a boatload. Then it's has to pass customs check and be delivered to the dealership. No doubt that shipping takes much, much longer than assembly.

I also think, they are delaying some batches if there are significant TSBs or recalls to install before the dealer gets the car.

I ordered my Ti end of January. It's been in JB status (body assembly) quite a while now. My dealer has suggested that it's done and hasn't been updated. AR is so secretive about these kinds of things it's hard to know for sure what's really going on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered my Quad February 11 and will take delivery this week. It is coming from Florida. I had originally been told June July time frame but it showed up without any warning. Not complaint.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, I can see that. What I want to know is why. Alfa Romeo chat telling me to check back in a few weeks is not useful.
I tried the chat and the rep told me 3 times that I really need to be asking the dealer. I told her 3 times that the dealer knows absolutely nothing, so she told me to check back in a few weeks.

I'm at least convinced now that I have an actual order with an actual allocation matched to it. I wasn't sure I even had that.

I probably won't check again until I see March orders arriving here.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, I've pretty much resigned to the fact that the car I placed on order 4/18 is coming in August. I just want it in time to enjoy some good driving weather in the Midwest.

·
Registered
440 Posts
We were told if we ordered now (May), it's going to be 5-6 months...

This is an order for a Quadrifoglio.

And Welcome to the OP!

·
Registered
166 Posts
What makes me thinking is that every time I've asked them an update on the delivery date, the answer is always 4-6 months...

Totally useless chat.
Somebody at BMW did the math and figured out it was easier (and better service) to just let customers have an IVR and online system to check their own status to their hearts' content. A friend of mine at work even hacked together a script to call the BMW IVR system daily and alert him to any changes in the status of his order.

Sadly, FCA seems to have shuttered their customer-facing order tracking system they once built?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Somebody at BMW did the math and figured out it was easier (and better service) to just let customers have an IVR and online system to check their own status to their hearts' content. A friend of mine at work even hacked together a script to call the BMW IVR system daily and alert him to any changes in the status of his order.

Sadly, FCA seems to have shuttered their customer-facing order tracking system they once built?
It is so simple to create such a system. I do not know how long BMW has been doing this, but I was looking for tracking clues in an article from jalopnik.com from 2010 earlier today. We have been in the Internet age for decades now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts