Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

im interested in an awd ti sport as a daily driver. only options i want are sunroof and stereo. im slightly flexible in color with either silver, white. navy, or bright blue but i do not want black interior.

would i have to special order such a car since most dealers order loaded ones for their inventory? im in no rush for the car but am looking for the best value. would my stripper model cost as much to special order as a loaded one they already have on the lot?

thanks for advice

·
Registered
105 Posts
You should spend a little time looking around on line at the dealer inventories at the dealers within a reasonable distance from where you are. Once you get it figured out, you can look in great detail, even at window stickers, of every car in the area. That will give you a good idea if what you're after is sitting on a lot somewhere. This strategy worked very well for me and I eventually located exactly what I wanted a few hundred miles away. Any local dealer should be happy to cut you a deal and get it moved for you in a day or two. If the above fails, then it's probably time to order.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you’re price sensitive I think you’re going to find that you’ll get a better deal buying an in-stock car, even if you have to get a few options that you don’t really need.
The problem with ordering is that you don’t have much negotiating leverage and then you’re locked into a price with no set delivery date. You’ll have to watch the deals pass you buy as you wait for months on the sidelines.
On the other hand if you MUST have a particular color combo, then it may be worth it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChiGuy and Max

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
There are not very many options or variations on these cars in the USA market, period. And then once you’ve narrowed it to Ti Sport Q4 l, as in this case, even fewer. Then, being pretty flexible other than not wanting black interior, it’s hard to make a case for ordering. The major exception would be geographic isolation, where getting to a dealer is difficult.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stock units will always be better priced since the dealer owns them already, they also have a pretty wide range of options, at least the ones in our stock do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome!

Suggestion. Go online and locate all Afla dealers within reasonable distance from you. You will see that almost all Alfa dealers use the same canned methods for listing all their new Giulia's. Go to each dealer site and then click on New Giulia Vehicles and then each new Ti you see (usually shows the colors). Then click on the View Window Sticker. You will very quickly be able to hunt for your particular likes. See example below of the window sticker. I already knew exactly what exterior and interior colors wanted plus the two packages I had to have on my base Giulia, Sports Interior and Sports Exterior packages plus AWD. I lucked out finding that exact Giulia with an excellent price at one of the four local dealer. Didn't need the Ti model and the base fit all my needs at $2000 less. I found the default stereo excellent, but don't play (especially rap) music when I'm driving or try to blow out the neighborhood as I love the engine/exhaust sounds of the Giulia.

Example of window sticker:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAEENXJ7573706

Better yet since we don't know where you are located, go here and follow the Build My Own under Giulia Ti. It will allow you to choose all your requirements and with your zip code find any matching Giulia's, even at long distances if you need to travel to find that red/black interior.
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/giulia

One last comment based on my years, think twice before going with the sunroof (no offense to anyone here, just my own opinion).

Chuck :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Or, do what I did. Google maps, "Alfa Romeo", and start calling every single dealer in a wider and wider radius from your house. 2018 Ti Q4 AWD, loaded, white with red interior, for 11Kish under sticker. Was actually only 120 miles from my house!

·
Registered
65 Posts
All of the above..the dealer is much more interested in moving their stock as there are incentives from the manufacturers and cold stale product loses value the longer it sits. The detail and lot personnel must continue to clean and maintain the stock as well.

I sold cars for a while and the sales staff often got spiffs for the sale of stock and we were less rewarded for obtaining orders for cars that were several weeks away from delivery as the deal only finalizes after the car arrives and is sold.. This translates into better deals for the buyer as most sales types are rewarded for the number of new cars sold per month over the value of those cars.

The real down side for me as I have ordered cars and waited with some difficulty for the delivery....found that I saw other cars that suited me on the lot while waiting and then wrestled with a purchase or await the delivery. Second guessing my choice of color and options.

I one case I waited eight months for an M and it got held up in Cal and needed the rear end replaced prior to delivery w/o any idea how long that may take...I was pissed and pulled me money and bought a Mustang instead. never t look at a BMW again.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I ordered mine because I new exactly what I wanted, color combos and options and, well, I needed to save up for the down payment anyways so having to wait the 4 months was tough, but I was saving the whole time so it work out well for me. I might have been able to save what I put down if I bought something off a lot somewhere but this was the first car I have ever ordered so it was just as much about the whole experience and it is pretty cool to get the Window Sticker with your name on it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those non-loaded-up cars are out there. You just have to find them. I'd say look around instead of ordering one. The salesmen will try to upsell you, but resist. You will probably get a better deal by getting one already in stock since dealers are under a lot of pressure to move cars and a sale today is better than a possible sale in three months. If you are price sensitive, shop the last week in the month and make your offer on the next to the last day in the month - every dealership has monthly quotas that the sales managers have to meet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those non-loaded-up cars are out there. You just have to find them. I'd say look around instead of ordering one. The salesmen will try to upsell you, but resist. You will probably get a better deal by getting one already in stock since dealers are under a lot of pressure to move cars and a sale today is better than a possible sale in three months. If you are price sensitive, shop the last week in the month and make your offer on the next to the last day in the month - every dealership has monthly quotas that the sales managers have to meet.
Absolutely wait until the end of the month. I used to sell new BMW’s here in Charlotte and you will always get your best deal at the end of the month from dealer stock. If you feel you need to order a new car you probably won’t get any sort of deal except manufacturer incentives.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Now that I bought a Giulia with a sunroof (first car with a sunroof) I am curious as to why you recommend against them. I am enjoying it so far.

Max Tenet
Not against sunroofs at all. The one I wanted to get had a sunroof and that was on my list of must haves. We ended up with a QV that does not offer that option. My other car does have a Panoramic sunroof. I live in AZ and you would think I use it all the time. I don't. Although I like the openness it gives in a small car I hardly ever use it once or twice a year but I don't drive a lot. Once I get on the highway it is loud and I close it around town on a nice day it is great but that is not my driving pattern and it is only for a few months to have that option. Because it is not a hard cover you only have a screen to protect from the heat. I actually have little shades that go between the window and the screen to block out the sun much like the windshield. Even saying all that....I still would have gotten a sunroof because it is just my preference. So depending on where you live you may use it more. Get what you want.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Now that I bought a Giulia with a sunroof (first car with a sunroof) I am curious as to why you recommend against them. I am enjoying it so far.

Max Tenet
Max, only a slight caution based on my own experience. It is mainly for those who would be having their first sunroof. I've had only one car for 16 years with a sunroof previous to my Giulia. To me at first it seemed like a great idea, let the sun in, look up at the mountains, lots of warm fresh air and many other reasons. On the other hand lots of noise plus wind buffeting noise, almost never use it, serious water leaks due to drain tubes getting blocked if it is parked outside with lots of pine needles etc, potential malfunctions or glass issues.

Those who have had them and love them that is great. Only suggesting a think it thru before you might get one on quick decision. I hope you truly enjoy yours.

Chuck :smile2:

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
One last comment based on my years, think twice before going with the sunroof (no offense to anyone here, just my own opinion).
I purchased my car from the lot and had everything I wanted plus the sunroof. If you can, pass on the sunroof option.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts